Friday, February 17, 2012

SAHANA: TRUE GHOST EPISODES PART 9

Episode - 9
We reached home at 5:30am. I asked Shiva and Raghav to go and take some rest. I stayed down and watched them get into the house. I then made a call. 
“Hello Salim bhai, good morning.” I said. 
“Sollunga enna kaalan kaathala call pannirukeenga?” He said. 
(MEANING – Yeah tell, you have called so early what’s up?) 
“illa bhai oru chinna udhavi.” I said. 
(MEANING – I need a favour.) 
“Sollunga.” 
(MEANING – yeah tell.) 
“Porul um DRESS um venum.” I said. 
(MEANING – I need “porul and its DRESS”) 
“Seri. Eppo venum?” He asked. 
(MEANING – fine. When do you want?) 
“evlo seekaram mudiyuma avlo seekaram bhai. Ippo mudiyuma?” I asked. 
(MEANING – ASAP, Is it possible now?) 
“Veetuku vaanga ippo, evalo venum?” He asked. 
(MEANING - Sure, come to my place. How many you need?) 
“Moonu bhai.” I said. 
(MEANING – three.) 
“Seri 3000 vaadagai.” He said. 
(MEANING – Okay, rent is 3000.) 
“Athellam prachani illa bhai. Naan ippo kelambi varen.” I said. 
(MEANING – That’s not a problem. I am starting now and coming.) 
“Seri pa. Bye.” He said and ended the call. 
(MEANING – Fine, bye.) 
  
I started to Salim’s place. His place is in interior of Sowcarpet. It’s around fifteen minutes from my place and that too early morning, free of traffic. I was half way through when I remembered that I didn’t have enough cash to give to Salim as rent. So I drove back home. Just at the beginning of my street, my bike stopped because of lack of petrol. I parked the bike and started walking. I was nearing my place when I saw a guy in rags looking through the window of my house. I was shocked. 
‘Is he the guy who is giving the information?’ I thought. 
I called Shiva the next instant. 
“Hello Shiva listen carefully, there is a person watching you guys through the window. Don’t look at the window. Just speak casually.” I said. 
“Sollu da machi.” He said. 
(MEANING – Tell da machi.) 
“Go to the kitchen and get chilli powder and throw it outside the window.” I said. 
“Seri da machan, just now going to prepare breakfast.” Shiva said. 
The guy quickly moved near the kitchen window. 
“Shiva, he’s near the kitchen window. Throw it on count of three.” I said. 
“One... Two... Three.” I said and I could see chilli powder falling on the guy’s face. He was shouting. I quickly ran up and caught him. Shiva and Raghav came outside. We took the guy inside and tied his hands. 
“So he’s the guy who’s giving the information is it?” Raghav asked. 
“He has to be.” Shiva said. 
“Haaa... water please my eyes are burning.” He screamed. 
“Guys, get some water. We’ll clean his face.” I said. 
They brought water and a cloth. I rinsed the cloth in the water and cleaned the chilli powder in his eyes. In around fifteen minutes he was able to open his eyes. 
“Who the hell are you?” Raghav fumed with anger. 
He remained silent. 
“Talk right now! Who are you?” I asked in a commanding tone. 
He still remained silent. 
“If you can tell us who you are, we can help you in some way.” Shiva said in a passionate tone. 
He looked at Shiva and his eyes showed a sign of ‘desperate help’. 
“Please.” Shiva stressed. 
“Hmmm... I am Abhilash. I was asked to spy on you.” He said. 
“Why?” Raghav asked. 
“Who asked you to spy?” Shiva asked. 
“I don’t know who. They have my sister kidnapped. If they had to leave my sister, I had to spy on your movements and actions. That was their demand.” Abhilash said. 
“Why choose you?” Shiva asked. 
“Did you write those warning notes?” I asked. 
“What? Warning notes? No, I didn’t.” Abhi said. 
Just then a sudden gush of wind blow through the house. 
‘It’s her, it’s SAHANA. She’s here.’ I thought. 
“Who is your sister?” Shiva asked. 
“Her name is Janani.” Abhi said. 
“What? Janani?” Raghav and I were in a shock. 
“Yes. Why? You guys know her?” Abhi asked in a desperate surprise. 
“Where does she work?” Raghav asked. 
“She works as Personal Assistant for an advocate.” Abhi said. 
“Advocate Bharadwaj Sunder right?” Raghav asked. 
“Yes.” He said. 
“Damn right we know her.” Raghav said. 
“Then you must be  knowing who kidnapped her right?” Abhi asked desperately. 
“I am sorry Abhi, We don’t know.” I said. 
He looked disappointed. 
“Wait guys, I have an idea.” I said. 
“Abhi, if you help us in saving our friend we will help you in saving your sister.” I said. 
“What can I do? But I need your help.” Abhi said. 
“We’ll tell you what you should do.” Raghav said. 
“Since you are already giving information to someone regarding us. Let it be so. We know where your sister is. We are going there today by flight. You inform this to them. They will arrange air tickets for you too. We’ll go there and plan everything. Okay guys?” I asked. 
“Okay fine.” They said in chorus. 
“Now can you please untie my hand?” Abhi asked. 
Shiva was about to untie the knot when Raghav said, “No don’t.” 
“Why?” Shiva asked. 
“Yes, what happened?” Abhi asked. 
“No if his hands are untied he will rub his eyes. Then the burning sensation will be more. That’s why.” I said with a smile. 
“Okay fine.” Shiva said. 
“Hmmm whatever.” Abhi said. 
“Raghav come with me. We’ll go to the market to get vegetables for breakfast.” I said and took cash from the drawer. 
“Okay da. Shiva take care. We’ll come soon.” Raghav said and we both started. 
I sent a message to Shiva – No matter whatever happens don’t untie his hands. Please don’t. Okay? 
He replied saying  - Okay da don’t worry J 
We started in Raghav’s bike. 
“Machi...” Raghav called. 
“Yes da. Tell.” I said. 
“Abhi is...” He started before which I interrupted and said, “I know, don’t worry we’ll take care.” 
“Cool. Where are we going now?” He asked. 
“Go to sowcarpet.” I said. 
We reached Salim bhai’s place in twenty minutes and I told Raghav to park the vehicle at the start of the street. Then Raghav and I went inside the street. I called Salim bhai and asked him to come outside. 
Salim bhai gave me a cardboard box and I gave him the money. 
“Thanks bhai.” I said. 
“No problem. 5 days rent.” He said. 
“Okay bhai. Got to go now.” I said. 
“Hey wait pannu. En kitta innum onnu iruku. Atha try panriya. Podi thovum.” He said. 
(MEANING – I have one more. You want to try. It will spread substance inside.) 
“En kitta kaasu illa bhai.” I said. 
(MEANING  - I don’t have money bhai.) 
“Free, nee namba dosth la.” He said smiling. 
(MEANING – its free of cost for you my friend.) 
He took it from his pocket and gave it to me. 
“Thanks bhai. Intha udhavi ya naa marakave maaten.” I said. 
(MEANING – Thanks. I will never forget this favour.) 
“Haa. May allah be with you.” He said and we left. 
We reached home at 7:00am. I took the box inside. Shiva and Abhi were watching TV. When I went with the box, Shiva asked “Such a big box? Why?” 
“Mom and dad are coming in a couple of days so they asked me to buy provisions.” I said. 
I went into the kitchen and Raghav followed me. I called out, ”Shiva, can you please help us here?” 
“Yes, coming.” Shiva said and he also came into the kitchen. 
“Guys wear this dress and have this with you.” I said. 
“But why?” Shiva asked. 
“We’ll surely need this baby.” Raghav said. 
It took us two minutes to wear the DRESS and Shiva went outside. It was around 8:00am when we asked Abhi to inform his counterparts. I was cooking breakfast and I got a message from Sudha that she’s getting ready. 
Abhi got a call from his counterparts that his tickets will be arranged soon and he would have to fly in the same flight as we do. 
Anandhi came to our place and Sindhu and Lavanya were ready. Shiva untied Abhi and I served breakfast for all. All three of us took bath and I started to pick up Sudha at the bus stand. 
Sindhu and Lavanya reached my home with Anandhi. 
While picking up Sudha, I explained all the events that happened overnight. She was listening very patiently and then said, “It’s a great risk we are taking that too without the consent of our parents. Nothing should go wrong Srikk.” 
Nothing? I hope everything doesn’t go wrong.’ I thought. 
“Sure sweety, it won’t.” I said in an assuring tone. 
We reached home at 8:45am and we were reading to start to the airport. I went to the kitchen and filled THE THING which salim bhai gave with the SUBSTANCE. 
All the eight of us started to the airport. The girls didn’t know about the DRESS and we didn’t tell them for some reason unknown. We reached the airport at 9:40am. Shiva’s uncle was in charge of the customs in the domestic terminal. Shiva and I took twenty minutes to explain the reason why we had to take THE THING with us. He cleared the customs for the three of us and the remaining had to come through the regular protocol. 
We were thankful to Shiva’s uncle to have believed us and taking such a great risk in his carrier. He also made arrangements to take care of the customs in Bhuvaneshwar. 
We boarded the flight. It was the first time for all of us in flight and I should say it was an awesome experience but a bad situation. We reached airport at 2:00pm and I asked Abhi to inform it to them. 
“They have asked me to follow you.” Abhi said. 
“Who is speaking with you when you call them?” Raghav probed. 
“The voice is hollow. I guess they are putting it in speaker. Someone gives orders and my sister tells it to me.” Abhi said. 
“They are very clever I guess.” Shiva said. 
“Okay guys now we take a travel car. We’ll order for a Qualis.” I said. 
I received a call. It was from Preethi. 
“Hi Preethi, how are you?” I asked. 
“Dai, this is Bharani. Preethi asked me to inform you that Dr.Anu left to Orissa by flight.” He said in a hurry. 
“Oh is it? Okay da thanks for the info. How are Preethi and her parents?” I asked. 
“Yes they are doing fine. Thanks da.” Bharani said. 
“No issues. Machi I am in a hurry will call you in sometime.” I said. 
“Okay da. Take care. Bye.” He said and cut the call. 
We contacted the travels present in the airport and ordered for a Toyota Qualis. Only seven of us could board in it. 
“Abhi, I am sorry. Looks like there’s no place. Can you come in another car?” I asked. 
“Sure no problem.” He said. 
He got into an ambassador and I kept the board and the cardboard box in the boot of the car. Abhi followed our car. 
“That takes care of him. Now for the plan guys.” I said. 
“Wait.” Shiva said. 
“Can you please reduce the radio volume?” Raghav asked. 
“Kya?” The driver asked. He was wearing a headset. 
“Radio volume reduce kardhiye ji. Please.” Anandhi said. 
The radio volume was reduced. 
“Reporter ji, you’re awesome.” Raghav said. 
“Okay guys, listen now for the plan. We will reach there around 7:00pm. Abhi will take us to the mills. Shiva you go with Anandhi, Lavanya and Abhi to the mills. We four will go to the guest house. Anandhi I want you to record the entire thing that happens there. With your camera. Shiva your job is to take care of them. Lavanya I have some work for you also. There will surely be cameras and other security measures. You have to make sure that you guys go through that successfully. Okay guys clear?” I asked. 
Everyone nodded their head. 
“Shiva and Raghav, seems Dr.Anu had left to Orissa by flight an hour before we started.” I informed. 
There was tension in the air and everybody looked tensed. There was a fear in their eyes as though they were onto something really dangerous. 
We had tiffin at a highway restaurant and we proceeded towards RAYAGADA. 
Abhi was following us closely behind. We were racing along the highways and we reached a village 5kms from RAYAGADA. It was 7:30pm. We halted the car and I got down and got Abhi’s cell number. I asked Abhi to inform his counterparts that we will reach the mills in an hour. 
“One hour? We are just 5kms away from the district right?” Abhi asked pertinently. 
“Yes, But I have a small work to finish.” I said. 
“Okay fine.” He said and called them and told that we will be there in an hour. 
I then got into my car and we reached RAYAGADA’s Bijay Mills Factory. As planned I sent Shiva, Anandhi, Lavanya and Abhi inside the factory. While Sindhu and Sudha remained in the car, Raghav and I got down instructing them. 
We went around 200m in front with the four of them. 
“So guys, don’t panic. Just do your roles properly. Shiva take care of them. Lavi security cameras and Andus get a full recording.” Raghav said. 
“Roger that.” She said. 
“Done da.” Lavanya said. 
“Machi take care, come fast.” Shiva said. 
“Sure da. Don’t worry.” Raghav said. 
“Abhi, take care of them. We’ll get your sister back.” I assured. 
“Sure thing. They called me sometime back and instructed me on how to tackle you guys. That will help us get into the factory. I will take care.” Abhi said. 
We watched all the four of them going inside the Mill factory. Abhi opened the shutter and then it closed automatically. The main aspect of the shutter was that it didn’t create any sort of noise. 
We were walking back towards the car. The car was around 500m away from us. We were walking towards the car when suddenly Sindhu shouted, “Raghav, Srikkanth.” 
We looked at her and in no time the car accelerated. The driver had started the car and was getting away. We ran very hard and got into the ambassador. 
“Driver, quick follow that car.” I said. 
“Bastard, he has kidnapped our girls.” Raghav said. 
We were behind the car by few hundred’s of meters. 
“We have to inform others.” Raghav said. 
“No da. They will also get tensed. We have to crack this.” I said. 
“But not at the risk of Sindhu and Sudha.” Raghav said. 
“I know, this is all a mind game. We’ll get that car.” I said. 
“I am scared da. Nothing should happen to Sindhu and Sudha.” Raghav said. 
I looked at him. I held his hands tightly as a sign of assurance. 
Nothing should go wrong Srikk.’ Sudha’s word struck my mind. 
We were almost near the Qualis. The road was branching into two roads. The qualis went straight while the ambassador went on the right. 
“Hey driver, where are you going?” I asked. 
“eh shortcut hai.” He replied. 
“Okay. Fast.” I said. 
“Hey machi, he understands English but is replying in hindi. He’s lying da.” Raghav shouted. 
The next second the driver hit the brakes and the car skid to a stop. 
The driver got down immediately and showed a gun. We were shocked. We both got down. There was sand in the ground and as he came near, we kicked the sand into his eyes and Raghav took away the gun. 
“Don’t shoot me. Please don’t shoot.” The driver pleaded. 
“No don’t shoot him.” I stopped him. 
“Tell where the other car is going?” Raghav asked. 
“I seriously don’t know.” The driver said. 
“Then you’re going to die.” Raghav said. 
“No wait. Where does that road lead to?” I asked. 
“After 10kms, there is a junction and it leads to four different districts.” The driver said panting for breath. 
“haaaa...” Raghav shouted and banged the gun on the driver’s head. He fell unconscious. 
“Come lets’ go.” I said and we got into the car. 
I started the car and put the reverse gear and we caught the same road. I took a right and I was racing at a speed of 100km/hr. 
“I just hope they are safe.” Raghav said. 
My cell phone rang, I gave it to Raghav and asked him to put it on speaker. 
“Hello...” I said. 
“Whom are you going to save? Your friends we have kidnapped? Or your girlfriends in the other car? Or yourselves? Ha ha ha.” The call ended. 
“Who the hell is he?” Raghav asked. 
I had no time to think. ‘Friends, Girlfriend or myself?’ I thought. 
“Srikkanth, what are you thinking??” He asked. 
“Do you remember me giving my number anywhere in the last week machi?” I asked. 
He thought for some time and said “We wrote our numbers in SAHANA’s flat, in the security register.” 
“You’re right. Somewhere else I wrote?” I asked. 
“Hmmm...”Raghav thought hard. 
“Yes, I gave it to SAHANA’s stepmom.” I said. 
“But she’s dead right?” Raghav asked. 
“That we need to find out machi. I doubt it.” I said. 
“Now what do we do? I hope nothing wrong happens.” Raghav said desperately. 
Nothing should go wrong Srikk.’ Sudha’s word struck again in my mind. 
“There’s only one person who can help us now.” I said racing in the car. 
“Who’s that?” Raghav asked. 
I stopped the car and got down and opened Raghav’s door. 
“What happened?” He asked. 
“Get down machi.” I said. 
Raghav got down and we were in front of a huge house. The name of the house was Vijay’s Paradise. It was in no man’s land. It was in a highway surrounded by thick forests. 
“Vijay’s guest house?” Raghav asked. 
“Yes...” I said and took the board on the boot. 
“And who’s going to help us?” Raghav asked. 
SAHANA...” I said as we marched towards the entrance of the guest house. 
What happens Next?? Wait and read... :-) 
Sahana shows the way tomorrow :-) 
Tomorrow is the climax :-) 
Guesses are welcome.. Comment and Rate :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment