Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride… ::: Ride-1

Hi,
This is a beautiful story and will be shared to all listeners.…Enjoy if u r interested.

Life is a Ride…-Ride-1


I sipped my favorite Nescafe Classic sitting on my couch, watching the latest
songs. It‘s another beautiful Saturday morning, which means a lot to me, yah I am
Preethi, hard core IT employee. It‘s already 10.30 AM, but I was least bothered,
cause this is the day where there are no onsite calls, status updates, KT sessions,
Training sessions etc. etc. My mom urged me to take bath; because this is the day
my parents were waiting for. Yah most of the decisions were done, the horoscopes
were matched, both the parents are satisfied with various different constraints
and criteria‘s. The only thing pending is that the girl and the boy i.e. me and Rahul
has to see each other personally as we have confirmed our decisions only by seeing
the photographs. I sighed. I went to my bed room, where my maid was cleaning and
arranging all the old stuffs. One of my chudi stuffed in the old box got my
attention. I took it; it smelled with the old cardboard smell, it‘s a striped cream
top with purpled bottom and dupatta.I couldn‘t bear the burden in my heart. I don‘t
know what was that feeling exactly. It‘s none other than my college uniform. I sat
on my bedstead holding my college uniform. My mind rolled back 7 years back.
Owing to my family financial constraints, I was forced to take a local college, so
that my parents can reduce the hostel fees. My parents were disappointment cause
I didn‘t score enough to secure a seat in a government college, but they are
satisfied that I at least got the Dote 2 quota i.e. Free seat, in a decent college in
my home town itself. I dreamt of many things, how will be my class, how should I
speak, my staffs, department etc. and I also dreamt of the guy of my
life..hmm..how will he be??
18 JUNE 2007 was my first day to college. My parents accompanied me. I saw few
of the guys from my school, who I literally hate to see. We had the induction
session. Once that was done, a hand patted my back. It‘s Thivya. She screamed, you
joined here ? I smiled back at her. She is my school mate. Thivya introduced me to
two other girls Anu and Priya. Somehow we gelled up very soon. The formalities
were done and the college has arranged buses for departure. I waved bye to my
friends and moved towards the bus bay. There were some volunteers helping the
parents and the new joinees to take the right bus.

My mom exclaimed, hey Vikram what are you doing here? He turned back! I literally

fainted the moment I saw him! He was tall, brownish and handsome. He smiled
broadly at my mom, and said aunty, I study here. I am in to my second year CSE.
My mom screamed Oh great! I am so glad, my daughter Preeti is joining here this
year in CSE department only. So no worries of ragging for my daughter since you
are here. She said, Preeti this is Vikram , my best friends son. I said Hi weakly! He
replied back with a base voice and a beautiful smile HI!!!I couldn‘t see his eyes and
I diverted immediately. He introduced Shiva to my mom, aunty this is Shiva!! My
best friend, We are buddies from our 5th standard, he too is in 2nd year CSE. They
exchanged few words and Vikram guided us to our Bus. I sat in the window seat
bewildered, without knowing what is happening in my mind. The bus squawked and
started, I hesitantly looked back and my eyes met two pairs of eyes ..hmm…both
Vikram and Shiva gazed back at me .Hastily I turned back and didn‘t breath for
few seconds. I washed my face, and headed to sleep. I couldn‘t sleep that night. I
thought about Vikram all the time, sometimes I laughed, sometimes I felt stupidly
irritated. Without knowing that the next four years of my life is going to be a
roller coaster ride, that will etch a deep mark in my heart, I headed to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment