Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride - Part-5:

I hardly studied anything. My mom was pampering me with Tea and snacks to aid
me to study well. But all the while, I enjoyed the hot tea and kept dreaming.
Whatever the questions, I came across; I just thought I will study it in the bus.
The next day, in the bus, we four kept giggling and teasing each other. Often we
received cold vibes from other students, who were sincerely reading for the
exams. We confirmed out exam halls and I was thrilled, when I heard that we will
be sitting with the seniors for the exams. Except for Anu, all three of us were in
the same hall. I was sure that, both Vikram and Shiva will be sitting with us, since
we fall in the lower part of the alphabets. Keeping fingers crossed, we appeared in
the exam hall, leaving our bags outside.
The hall was occupied with 4 columns and 10 rows. The 1st column for 1year, 2nd one
for 2nd year and 3rd and 4th year thereon. Who bothered about 3rd and 4th year? I
walked so coolly, as if I was a studious girl, thinking only about the exam paper.
(But honestly, I was praying sincerely so that Vikram should sit next to me). We
walked looking on the numbers written on the desk. I saw my number and the desk
next to me was empty. I still had hope. Priya sat behind me and Thivya sat at the
dead last seat. I kept turning back and made gestures to Priya and Thivya. The
invigilator gave a bang on her table and gave a cold stare at me. Immediately, I sat
still without making any motion.
It was exactly 9.58 AM, Shiva and Vikram came in to the class. They walked
checking the numbers on the desk and Vikram passed crossing me. My jaw dropped.
Oh God!! Why I am so unfortunate and the most ..most…unfortunate thing is Shiva
sat parallel to me. Ayooo!! Without showing expressions, I turned to the other end,
staring at the wall. Priya kicked my chair and I turned back, she gestured with her
eye brows to look at Thivya. To Break my heart more Vikram sat parallel to Thivya
and to pierce me more , he was chatting with her with full smile. I turned back and
suddenly I felt more jealous on Thivya.

The invigilator distributed the question paper and the answer sheet. Now and then
my eyes met with Shiva‘s and I will give a ugly smile at him without knowing how to
react. The next shock is when I saw the question paper. I have never even heard
about the terms mentioned in the question paper. I kept staring at the question
paper, but Shiva already completed the first page in the answer sheet.
God!!! I wrote my number and I wrote the question. I didn‘t know what to write
more. I have never been like this during my school times, I felt so ashamed of
myself. Since its periodicals, it was 1 hour and 30 minutes examination. Somehow I
pushed one hour. I struggled so much and I completed 4 pages. It was just 10
minutes more, suddenly the CSE department HOD came inside our hall. He peeped
in to the students papers. He came near Shiva and took his paper in his hands, he
gave a glance and appreciated him….Good Going Boy and gave him a pat.
But all of a sudden, he pulled my paper. I was shocked and suddenly most of my
body went numb. He gave a look and told me , see lady, you should at least write
minimum of 10 lines in a single page. You shouldn‘t write 5 lines in a page and waste
the paper. As I expected, the whole exam hall roared with laughter and Vikram
laughed as if he will fall down from his desk…..

No comments:

Post a Comment