Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride - Ride-2:

I stood waiting for my college bus, with all new stuffs on me, new blue chudi, new
bag, new hairstyle, what all to say. I boarded my bus, the girl in the front ushered
me to move to the 5thseat...oops again I saw both Vikram and Shiva smiling at me
sitting in the seventh seat behind the staffs. The staffs sit as a wall between the
girls and the boys. After a few stops Thivya and Anu boarded the bus. We all sat
together and giggled talking about our new class. Priya boarded in the last stop,
she waved at us and sat in the other end.
We all sat in our new class. It‘s a broad class room with three windows on each
side of the room. There were 3 columns with 5 rows in each column. The 1st column
was occupied by the girls and the rest two columns were the boys. We occupied the
last row…ha ha…The last row girls… Our first staff, Mr. Raj gave a bright smile and
introduced him. He made everybody to introduce themselves with their objective.
Ganesh, the weirdest guy in the class made all nasty jokes and gave a look at the
girls for every 10 second interval. God!! I hated him like anything. An office boy
interrupted us and told all the students to move to the computer lab to collect
their uniforms, books and instruments.
We giggled and moved and we all stood in a queue to collect the things. Suddenly
Priya whispered, hey look at the guy in the first row in the nearby class, he looks
awesome…Anu sighed awwww…Priya interrupted he is Ok de not awesome. I leaned
back to look at the guy, Oh God, I nearly dropped. It was Vikram and Shiva. I was
not sure whom they were talking about. Since they were in uniform, I don‘t know
how to distinguish and confirm. I stood erect, posing that I am least bothered. But
really I did know how fast my heart was beating. We collected our stuffs and went
back to our seat.
In the interval, one of the senior girls called all four of us in to nearby classroom.
There were around many girls and boys. We dint know what to do. She gave a
strong stare at us and questioned what u girls formed the gang from the very first
day ...hah? So what‘s your name? Trembling I replied Preethi!! Everybody gave a
loud thud of laugh! I wondered what is so funny about my name! One guy from the
back, shouted! Ok Preethi enact the preethi Mixer Grinder AD!!! I was startled!
It‘s none other than Vikram! I couldn‘t believe. The senior girl patted his back and
said well-done Vikram! And yelled at me Hey do it! I did Weakly and softly I said ―
Preethi Vanngha Naan Guarantee‖[I guarantee for buying Preethi mixer and
grinder]They all laughed all together, Then Vikram screamed again…hello madam doit with actions!!! What is this? Have we come here to see mono acting? My tears
were about to fall! I breathed heavily and from nowhere Shiva came in to the scene
and said to me, take your friends and go to your class Preethi ! Vikram and the
other seniors looked at him startled and nobody spoke a word. I looked at him so
gratefully, by that time, my tears were rolling down my cheek. Shiva said, don‘t cry
and ushered us outside.
I sat in my class, thinking about it. My friends teased me on behalf of Vikram and
Shiva. I sighed. But somehow, the naughty character of Vikram attracted me. Most
of the days I will look for Vikram in the bus or whenever I cross his classroom and
almost all the time I will end up seeing 4 eyes ,yah both Vikram‘s and Shiva‘s. It‘s
already a month, I always had the rush to talk to Vikram, but somehow I couldn‘t.
That evening I was speaking with my mom, and carefully I opened the subject
about Vikram and my mom exclaimed yah Gayathri‘s son …Hows he doing?
After a chit chat, I took my mom‘s phone book and started searching. I found two
Gayathri! I don‘t know which one! I dialed from my landline to one of the Gayathri‘s
number.A lady picked the phone, I asked tremblingly, is Vikram in home?
Astonished! She replied in a stern voice, who are you? I disconnected the phone!
My hands were already wet with fear. I sweated. I didn‘t know what to do! I didn‘t
know what I dialed his number! I was terrified to the maximum thinking, what will
happen, if he finds out? Will he embarrass me or what ? what? I got a severe
headache! Again I dint sleep properly that night!
The next day, I didn‘t dare to look at him in the bus as well in the college. In the
Lunch break, Vikram came to my class, with another guy. He called me out. I
started to tremble from my feet, my three friends joined me. I went near him. He
introduced the new guys Madhav , to me. I said Hi weakly. Then casually he
asked…so Preethi ―Did you call my home yesterday‖. God!! I stood still, suddenly I
couldn‘t hear anything. I felt that the world stopped rotating. I wondered how on
the world he found that! Priya gave me a shake. I came back to reality.
I took a deep breath and with a cold face and tears in my eyes, I replied back, how
dare you ask me this? What do you think of me? Do you think I am a girl going
after guys? I never expected you to be this cheap!
Vikram stood stunned without knowing what to do??
All the names, characters and events in this story are purely fictional and any
resemblance is completely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment