Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride: RIDE-15:

What?
My mom gave a shocked look, as I screamed!
Looking at her expression, I controlled myself! I couldn‘t put myself on a normal
mode, as my blood burned with anger and hatred on Vikram! I never expected such
an ugly question from the guy whom I admired the most! I always felt that Vikram
sensed that I liked him. Top of All, I never dreamt in my wild dreams, that Vikram
is calling me from Shiva‘s home.
I took a deep breath! Gave a stare at my mom and in a cold voice, I reverted! What
is the information that you want Vikram?
At the other end, sensing the heights of exasperation in Preethi‘s voice and seated
just opposite to the thwarted birthday boy (his best buddy for a decade) ….Vikram
repeated the question again!
―I just want to know whether you are in Love with Shiva or not?‖
Literally, my entire respect on Vikram shattered; suddenly from nowhere a horrible
detestation outpoured within me and in a complete rage, I responded, YES I DO!!!
What is in there for you! ……………………………………. I disconnected the call and rushed
to my bed room!!!!!!!!!!
My mom gave a suspicious glance at me as she switched off the lights and moved to
bed!


----*
Vikram:
------*
I gave a bright smile at Shiva and repeated the words that Preethi spoke. Shiva‗s
face brightened. Shiva, it‘s your birthday, don‘t get confused with unnecessary
things. Have a peaceful sleep.
We are leaving now!
Why Vikram! I want you guys to sleep here!
No Shiva! I am completely exhausted. Since yesterday, we were here only. My mom
requested to drop to home. We will stay some other day buddy.
Fine da!
Waving good bye to Shiva, Madhav geared the bike and I leaned on Madhav‘s
shoulder, without knowing what to do! I somehow felt like killing myself! Preethi‘s
voice ‗YES I DO‘ kept drumming in my ears. Though , some corner of my mind
reminded me that , it‘s just another Preethi‘s reaction to my hard questions…..this
time , I had no choice ,but to accept the reality …that Preethi is lost once for all.
I asked Madhav to take me to some movie. We took our seat as the movie is done
half way. ……I felt like killing Madhav as I watched the dialogue of the movie…..Yup
its Chennai 28 ( Famous Tamil Movie) as the actor Siva was begging his friend for
forgiveness for falling in love with his sister…..and the dialogue went on ― Dai
yennaku friendship dhanda mukeeyam ― ( I prefer only friendship than love )….
Madhav scratched his head and unable to see that movie anymore, we left the
theatre.
We parked our bike in a nearby cricket ground. I laid myself straight a flat on the
ground and started to blabber. Madhav seated himself on the stranded bike and
kept quietly listening to all my blathers.
What is this? Why my life story has become like the story of the movie Kadhal
Desam ( Tamil movie on Triangle Love)
In the heights of my terrible heart ache, I cried shouting
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeethiiiiii……………. aloud. I behaved like a maniac. Madhav couldn‘t
calm me down. He told me keep my voice mild. I shouted looking at the skies, Why
God! Why have you done this to me!

Madhav pulled me out of the ground and we reached his home around 4.00 AM in
the morning. Even in his house, I kept on pestering Madhav about, how I admired
and loved Preethi from day one.
----*
Preethi:
____*
Thivya kept her hands on her head! Bull ***! This issue keeps on digging our mind
like a TV serial! Preethi, I literally hate U! Y can‘t tell a simple NO and close this
issue! Now I presume that you are really interested in Shiva! Please deal with him
…however you want and stop eating our head. Anu and Priya didn‘t speak a single
word.
I felt so helpless. My tears continuously poured as I sat quietly on Thivya‘s bed. I
felt that the whole world hated me. My friends, Vikram ……………….everybody
started to hate me in a single night! I couldn‘t believe what had happened?
Thivya shouted! Stop crying Preethi! I hate to see people crying always!
Terrified! I controlled my tears!
Anu interrupted! I suppose, Vikram should have asked this on behalf of Shiva only!
May be they would have opened the gifts together and Shiva would have seen
Preethi addressing him as brother! So just to clear the clouds, Shiva would have
requested Vikram to confirm the same! This is my entire guess! But somehow, this
perfectly fits into the plot! What Girls?
The moment I heard this, I felt a heavy shock! Oh God! What if Vikram, would have
told this to Shiva! God! My entire world rotated upside down! Why me God!
For the first time, Priya spoke! Yes this should be case! Else Vikram has no
business to ask Preethi this question at such an odd hour.
Priya dialed Madhav‘s number but his mom replied that he left early in the morning
to Vikram‘s house.
Priya dialed Vikrams home, Shiva s home ………………….I had no clue, what she was
doing? But I did not dare to speak a single word! I obeyed her!

Evening 5.00 PM, our auto dropped us in a nearest restaurant. I followed my
friends quietly with a terrified heart………………..
Shiva gave a broad smile!! Vikram looked devastated, but still handsome!! He gave a
feeble smile! Madhav hardly gave any expression.
We all sat together. Nobody spoke anything.
Shiva broke the silence ….Fine Priya! What is so important? You said that you have
to convey something very important to us? Right!
I kept my eyes down .Choked with immense fear, I kept pressing my hands
..thinking ….what is about to happen?
Yes Shiva ! Muttered Priya! She gave a glance at Thivya!
Thivya ! Cleared her throat! Shiva, we heard from Preethi! That Vikram asked her
that whether she is in love with you or not?
The sudden outburst from Thivya ! Shook both Shiva and Vikram!
I could see Shiva giving a blank look at Vikram ! Vikram leaned on the chair and
kept looking at the ceiling with his hands folded!
Shiva replied! Yes Thivya ! I did that! I wanted to confirm, whether ………………..she
is……….. (He stopped)…
Anu pounced back! What is this Vikram / Shiva? Is this the respect that you have
for Preethi ! Calling at the odd hours and questioning with unnecessary question?
Shiva reverted! This is no way unnecessary Anu! She is my life! And I am sure that
Preethi knows that as well!
We all looked startled! For the first time, I opened my mouth! Will you stop this
Shiva? What do you think of me!
With my unexpected response both Shiva and Vikram gave an alarmed look at me!

The restaurant became a War of Words hall, as I and Shiva replied back to back!
He charged me various questions from…
Why did you always give a glance at me whenever you crossed my class?
Why did you choose my seat in the computer lab?
Why did you kept giggling and glancing at me once in 5 minutes in the exam hall?
Why did you tell Vikaram that I am the Jack of you song?
Why did you behaved as if you were mesmerized with my talk during the
excursion?
Why did you say YES I DO, when Vikram asked you yesterday?
As , Shiva fired questions at me ! I sat speechless, not able to say what to reply!
Everybody looked bewildered as Shiva hit the table with a restless attitude. The
coolest boy has turned Wild. He looked scary. Vikram looked at me defenselessly.
I had no option to get out of this tangle, but to confess the truth!
The pin drop silence broke with my whisper …..I trembled….as I retorted …..‖It is
because….Iam in Love with Vikram……………….”
Shiva screamed WHATTTT?

No comments:

Post a Comment