Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride – RIDE-11:

The whole college was engrossed with the excursion fever. The next Monday, our HOD
announced that there are equal entries for Goa and Ooty-Bangalore. Most of the guys
shouted….Goa….Goa….Goa…..we screamed ….Ooty….Ooty….
Our HOD sighed……and spoke……
Ok then! Let the boys take the Goa trip and the girls take the Ooty Trip…….The whole
hall came to a halt……………..We were all shocked…What???? A split
tour...Nooooooooo…………….All screamed….Nooo……….
K…then….if you want to go together, then decide one place and let me know
immediately. I have hectic work to be done for the arrangements.
Shiva took the onus, he made a quick negotiation with all the representatives and
finalized the excursion to Ooty- Bangalore.
The circular on the dates of excursion, accompanying staffs, amount to be paid, rules
to be followed, accommodation etc orbited around every department.
That‘s the day…..we gathered in our college with luggages, hand bags, snacks…
4 buses moved with violent roar of the students around 7.00 PM.
We sat in the last row. Standing on the top of the seats, we shouted with all the known
songs. Whenever our bus crossed the other three buses, we screamed at the top of our
voices. The staffs instructed to behave well every now and then but we hardly listened
to them.
We thoroughly enjoyed our night journey and early morning we reached ‗The Queen of
Hills resort‘. Ooty gave a warm welcome to us with its scenic beauty, trembling
chillness, foggy atmosphere. Our staffs instructed all the students to get prepared andgather at the local restaurant for breakfast. As decided earlier, all four of us appeared bright and pretty in blue jean, pink T-shirt, multi-color scarf around our neck, dark blue woolen caps, black shoulder bags and canvas shoes. We ourselves were awe stuck looking at our beautiful dressing.We intentionally gave a late entry to the restaurant so that everybody should notice us.We made a proud ramp walk amidst them and seated ourselves in the corner table.Hundreds of eyes gave a jealous stare at us. After the breakfast, Shiva read a list that
divided the students into 4 groups and the students boarded the bus according to the groups.
As expected we were with Shiva, Vikram and co. The bus took us to all the must see
tourist spots. Anthanksharis during the travel between the tourist spots, hot tea,
roasted corn, fresh carrots, creamy ice creams, petty shopping, and photographs in all
form of poses made our day unquestionably enjoyable and memorable.
Somehow, we gelled up a lot with Shiva and Vikrams group. It‘s a group of 10 with 4 of
us and 6 boys. We made an awesome team. Seriously for the first time, I admired Shiva
for his perfectionism, decorum, soft language, humbleness above all a lovely care. But
Vikram , the just opposite , had his charm in his own way, with his stylish look, flirts,
teases, attitude, naughty talks and matchless energy.
We had our lunch together. As usual Vikram irritated me with his stupid talks,
…..Preethi! I never imagined that you will be able to gulp 3 persons starters in a single
go.‘ I hardly ate one third of a chicken piece…..hearing his comment, I dropped it back
on the plate.
But he was least bothered about me being upset and continued teasing others.
Shiva told Madhav to move aside who actually was sitting next to me and took that
seat. He gave a warm smile and pacified me to ignore Vikram‘s comments. He gave a
gentle talk with me about the beauty of Ooty and the captivating chillness .His talk was
so soothing, without my knowledge I started to ignore others and listen to him. He gave
some weird but interesting stories on the starter dishes on the table and made me to
taste almost everything. I completely forgot what was going around me and got much
into Shivas talk.I came back to reality, when suddenly a plate gave a screeching bang on the
floor…tingg..tang…tang…..near Vikram. Everyone laughed, and Vikram gave a cold stare
at me …..I sensed the irritation and frustration in Vikrams face.
We reached the Ooty‘s Botanical garden around 3.00 PM. What a lovely place!! We ran
here and there and the photographs taken were countless. It was an awesome day. I am
sure that I will never have a day like that in my entire life…
After our dinner around 7.30 PM we had the bon –fire arranged in our resort. Some
danced, Some mimicked, some narrated some funny incidents, some teased our staffs,
principal and college rules. The entire students had a lovely time. Vikram took his
position and started as if he is going to sing. But to my horror! He mimicked my singing
‗my heart will go on‘, he impersonated me so badly, that the entire students and staffs
rolled with laughter. I sat still….where my eyes laughed and my heart cried.
After one hour, everybody dispersed to their allocated cottages. I cursed Vikram with
my whole heart and desperately waited for a better chance to take revenge on him.
The next morning we moved to Cunoor. We visited some parks, Rose gardens, shopping
and after lunch, our bus drove straight to Bangalore.
The route from Cunoor to Bangalore was absolutely awesome that we literally enjoyed
every essence of it.During this journey, we all four of us sat quietly and shared our
personal secrets, family problems, child hood memories……..It was a long chat but a very
enjoyable chat. The journey was really great.
We reached Bangalore around 6.00 PM in the evening. The Garden city gave us a lovely
welcome with jam packed traffic on the Hosur road.
Around 7.10 PM we reached the hotel Imperial at Koramangala.The climate was
absolutely pleasant, we watched mouth opened at the stylish and lavished Bangaloreans.
After dinner, the staffs took us to PVR cinemas in the nearby Forum mall. Shiva headed
the entire team, as he is the one who has planned all this. Everybody praised Shiva for
his dedicated diligence.
It was the first time for most of the students in a Multiplex. To avoid problems from
the mischievous boys, our staffs instructed the boys to occupy the first 7 rows and
then after the girls occupied the back seats. The movie ― Silendru Oru Kadhal‖…………….(
Tamil Movie Name). We screamed for actor Surya and the guys cherished forActresses Jyothika and Bhoomika. Though we have seen the movie already, seeing with
the college gang was a stupendous experience.
The second half of the movie moved very slowly. So we decided to play something. We
saw Ganesh watching the movie with full emotions. Priya took a polo and gave a sharp hit
at his head and sat silently. Since the theatre was dark, he gave a glace left and right
and immersed into the movie again. This excited us a lot. We gave a hit at all our
hatreds, till the two packets of polo were done. We enjoyed a lot with the comments,
naughty plays, giggles …than the movie….
The next day , we were again in our uniform beautiful costumes ……and moved to the
tourist spots. After lunch, our bus parked in the Brigade road for shopping. We were
with Shiva and co. I was keenly looking at the collection of ear rings with a road side
wala, when Vikram interrupted me….hey Preethi! Why don‘t you try the blue stoned one,
it will suit you. I gave a cold stare at him, and moved on to the net shop. Vikram
followed me wherever I went and kept on irritating me with his stupid comments. I
shopped some little stuff for my mom and dad. I shopped few more stuffs for my
friends and bought some random stuff.
We took lot many photographs on the Brigade and M.G Road. Our staffs instructed us
to move to the bus. Before we could reach there, Vikram came close to me and blocked
my way. I gave a irritating look at him.
Hmmm….Preethi! I want to take a picture with you! I was surprised! The whole three
days we were all together and most of the pictures, we were together! But why is he
asking now a special permission!
I called my friends for the photo! But he stopped me abruptly and whispered, I want to
take a picture alone with you!
I was shocked!
Before I could say No! He called Shiva and told him to take a picture of us both. It was
quiet evident from Shiva‘s face, that he really hated to take this picture, but he didn‘t
speak a word and quietly took a flash.
Before Vikram completed his Thanks! Shiva took a position near me and requested
Vikram to take a picture of me and Shiva.
Vikram‘s face darkened, but he quietly flashed.
I gave a smile and moved away.I laughed a whole hearted laugh with my friends, about Shiva and Vikram .
But Priya warned me, not to encourage this, as this involves the true feelings between
two best friends. But I was not so serious about it that time.
The next morning, we reached our home. I gave my mom a warm hug. After refreshing,
I unloaded my luggage. To my surprise I saw two bags, one medium sized pouch labeled
‗Dear Preethi ‗…
and the other one, pretty larger than the previous one, labeled ― MY PREETHI ―
……I had no clue how this came in to my bag and who had dropped it.

No comments:

Post a Comment