Monday, December 19, 2011

SAHANA: TRUE GHOST EPISODES PART1

Hi,
This is a beautiful story and will be shared to all listeners.…Enjoy if u r interested.
Episode - 1
Sahana, some might feel that it is the name of my lover. Some might feel it’s the name of my sister. Some might feel it’s the name of my mother. Who is she? She is one of the most important persons in my life. She is a person who gave a twist in my life.
I am a guy who takes everything seriously in life. Right from the dress I wear, food I eat and the people I choose to be friends with, I take my decisions very carefully. But of course there are always exceptions in life. Those exceptions are my three best friends in my life.
When I am with them, I seriously forget all the seriousness in my life. I enjoy my life to the fullest. We are totally four in number and we are all law college students in Chennai. The combination of Chennai and law college student itself is a great way of enjoying life. The way we bunk classes, going to movies and shopping malls, plazas nearby. The whole college always envied us for our friendship and the fact that however we bunk classes we get good grades and have a good rapport with our professors.
My name is Srikkanth. My three friends are Raghav, Moulee and Shiva. Thanks to our college seniors we became friends right on the first day of our college lives. It’s mainly because of the extensive ragging in our law colleges.
We had a regular practice of going out on weekends, especially every Friday we go to the Marina beach at 10:00pm and we get food from outside a place called “MAATAS” near my place and of course we also get other soft drinks. We spend time till midnight and then we all sleep at my place. We started this practice right from our third semester.
At times, we go to symposiums conducted by Engineering college students just for the sake of seeing girls. We have gone to almost all engineering colleges in Chennai. It’s the best time to see girls as generally they come in saree on that day. That’s how I met the girl of my life. The most important coincidence is that even my friends met their girls of their lives.

FLASHBACK

I still remember the day, 20th June 2009 when I went to the symposium of Meenakshi Sunderrajan College of Engineering. It is a private engineering college in Kodambakkam in Chennai. The important aspect of this college is that, there is woman’s college very much adjacent to it. The woman’s college is Meenakshi college for Women. The management keeps the symposium of the engineering college and the cultural of the women’s college on the same day.
One of my friends, bharani studied there. He is a year elder to me. He had invited me for the symposium. Symposiums in chennai’s engineering colleges have technical events like paper presentation, project display, etc. Apart from this they conduct events like adzap, quiz, Treasure hunt for which we used to go and take part.
So we entered the college premises at 11:00am. Once we parked our bikes, we four of us entered the building. Outside the building of the engineering college, Bharani was waiting for us. He welcomed us and we started moving towards the registration counter.

“What da? It’s too crowded at the registration itself.” I asked.
“Yes, today is the symposium for us and the cultural for the woman’s college.” Bharani said.
“Then we can go to the woman’s college cultural right?” Raghav asked.
“I am in for sure.” Shiva said.
“Hey stop it guys, their events are boring just singing and dancing that too only after 4pm. We have interesting...” Bharani was talking but I was looking at the registration counter and there was a girl.
There was a striking feature about her that attracted me instantly. She was wearing a green saree, silver bangles in both her hands, lip gloss. She was very simple and no makeup at all. I like girls who don’t apply makeup. I started walking towards her.
“Dai, I am talking da.” Bharani said.
“Yes go on. I am listening.” I said.
“Fine. So treasure hunt event will be exciting that we can pair up teams...” Bharani was talking on and on. 
I walked over to the registration counter. She was writing something on a paper. I went near her as the other guys followed me. She lifted her face and saw me coming.
“Hi, Welcome to our college symposium & culturals. I would like to have your name and college name.” She said.
She had a tag with a badge and I badly wanted to see her name. I tried hard and could see only “S” before which she turned her ID card.
“Hi, my name is Srikkanth and I am from law college.” I said.
“Okay, Which event do you want to participate?” She asked.
“Actually I heard that we can pair up with girls for the treasure hunt event. Would you be interested in getting paired up with me?” I asked with a smile.
She stared at me, stood up and shouted “Hey Sindhu, can you please help me out here?”
“Yes sure.” She said.
“Hey, excuse me.” I said to her.
She started walking away. ‘Mannn she’s awesome!!’ I thought.
Then Sindhu came there.
“Yes, tell me.” Sindhu said.
“No actually I was kidding with her as to whether she would pair up with me for treasure hunt.” I said.
“She’s not that type of a girl. She is sensitive.” Sindhu said.
“Okay. Can I just know her name?” I asked.
“Sudha” Sindhu said.
“Okay fine. We want to register for the treasure hunt and ad-zap event.” I said.
“Sure.” She said and noted our names and gave us our lunch tokens.
We started walking towards the auditorium for the inauguration talk when Raghav ran back and spoke to Sindhu.
“Uhh, Excuse me!” Raghav said.
“Yes?” Sindhu asked.
“We’ll go to lunch at 1pm. The time of the event is not mentioned. Who is organizing the event?” He asked.
“Me and my friend.” She said.
“Okay fine. Uhh... Ahem... Can I have your number please? So that I can call you and ask about the timings.” Raghav asked with a hesitation.
She smiled and gave him her number. He then started walking towards us with a smile that said ‘Yes, I have done it.’
All five of us entered the auditorium and we were waiting for the program to start. We sat in a continuous row. Raghav was messaging Sindhu. There were girls everywhere. Many of them were with their mates. There were many gorgeous looking girls but my mind was thinking only about her. The function started with a song. Three girls were singing a traditional song. Moulee is a song addict. He is crazy about carnatic music and people who sing carnatic songs too. I was sitting near moulee. 
Moulee asked “Hey machi, how is the girl who is singing?”
“How can I see from this long distance da? Why are you asking?” I asked.
“Her voice is mesmerising. I would love to speak to her.” He said.
“Okay, don’t worry we have Bharani with us.” I said winking at Bharani who was sitting beside Moulee.
“Dai this is too much da. Anyways her name is Deepika! She sings for all the college events. She hates boys though!” Bharani said.
“Oh I see. Sounds interesting.” Moulee said.
The song was over and the programs started. Bharani, Moulee, Shiva and I were talking aimlessly and gossiping while Raghav was busy frying nuts with Sindhu.
After the paper presentation and the project display event got over, we went for lunch to the canteen. Buffet was arranged for all the participants. We started eating when Deepika passed by us. Moulee went behind her and said, “Hey, I am Moulee from law college. You sing really well. Your voice is truly mesmerising.”
“Thanks.” She said bluntly and walked away.
“See I told you, she doesn’t react properly to guys da machi.” Bharani said.
Moulee became upset. It was 2:00pm when lunch was over. We proceeded to the ad-zap event. The topic that was given to us was toothpaste. We got our turn and we broke the crowd into wrecking laughter. We got the first place in ad-zap.
We went to the cafeteria. I bought a coke. Just when I turned, she was standing there. 
“Hi, what’s up?” I asked.
“You were amazing on stage. You have talents.” She said.
“Haaa thank you, thank you Pooja.” I said.
“My name is Sudha not Pooja.” She said.
“Yep I know, but just wanted you to tell out your name.” I said with a smile.
“You’re smart.” She said.
“I know. Have a nice day. Bye.” I said and started to leave.
“Hey.” She called.
I turned and said “Yes?”
“I was wondering if we could team up for treasure hunt.” She said with a smile.
That smile, I can never ever forget it. Her teeth when she smiles make her pulchritudinous.’ I thought.
“Sure. I would love you.” I said.
She looked at me in shock.
“Oops sorry I would love to.” I smiled.
She smiled and we went to the place where the event was about to take place. We didn’t win the treasure hunt, but I surely won a big treasure – her heart. It was just half hour of playing treasure hunt together, running around, searching for clues, etc. But I seriously wished the game never ended.
It was 4:00pm. Shiva, Bharani and Moulee were having tea at the canteen. Me, Sudha, Sindhu and Raghav were walking in the ground.
“So when does the dance program and all start?” Raghav asked Sindhu.
“Well, it should start in an hour. Why asking?” Sindhu asked.
“No, just want to see the girls dance.” He said showing his teeth.
“I will kill you.” She said and that’s it a love story blossomed there.

Sudha and me were talking about a range of things. I got to know about her hobbies and also about her family. I loved it when she talked, looking at her cute expressions made me skip many heartbeats. 
We managed to pass one hour and we went to the auditorium. This time the women’s college auditorium. The women’s college was very strict. There was a solo singing competition as well as group singing competition. The first singer was Deepika. She came over to the dias. Just as she was walking on the stage Moulee got up and shouted and clapped. The entire audience turned back and saw Moulee and so did Deepika. Moulee turned to me and said, “I was just encouraging her.”
“Well, this is enough for her to be mad on you for this century.” I said.
Moulee sank down to his seat. After Deepika finished singing he ran to the backstage. In fifteen minutes, he came smiling. “Machi I became friends with her.”
“What? I can’t believe it. How?” Bharani said.
“Haha, Nothing I just told her about myself and she became comfortable being friends.” Moulee said.
“All were lies right.” Shiva said winking. 
We all laughed but I felt happy for Moulee. ‘Such a nice guy he is’ I thought.

The dance competition was over and then came the choreo night. It was a wonderful four hour event. In between we had a break. We all wanted something to eat. Shiva wasn’t hungry. So we all went to the canteen. When we came back, Shiva wasn’t there. We called his mobile but there was no answer. We started watching the dance shows and all the women were rocking the dance floor. 
After an hour, Shiva came with a girl. The girl ran to the stage and the next dance was performed by her team. I asked him “What happened da? Where were you all along?”
“That girl you saw now, she left the karoke for the dance at her place. She had neither time nor vehicle to pick it up. So I took her to her place and brought the karoke.” He said.
“That’s some timely help I guess.” Raghav said.
“Yes, that’s nice of you.” I said.
The choreo night was over. All the students started to leave. The buses were ready to leave. Just as we went to the parking lot, the girl who Shiva helped came running.
“Hey shiva, Thanks for your timely help. Without you the dance would have been a flop.”
“Hey no problem.” Shiva said.
“Hey guys this is Lavanya.” Shiva said . “And Lavanya this is Srikkanth, Raghav, Moulee and of course you must be knowing Bharani. They are my best friends.”
Just as he was introducing the buses started.
“Nice to meet you guys” She said. “Oh my god... My bus left.” She said in a sad tone.
“That’s okay. Shiva can drop you. We can catch an auto.” I said.
“Okay with me.” Shiva said with a glee.
“Fine bye guys. See you sometime later.” Lavanya said.
“Hey machi...” Raghav called.
“Yes da. Tell.” I said.
“Can you drive my bike with Moulee? Me and Bharani will come by auto.” He said.
“Fine. But why?” I asked.
“I have to message Sindhu.” He said smiling.
“Machi I have to also message Deepi. So I will come with Raghav. You and Baha go in the bike.” Moulee said.
“Well, Okay. No problem.” I said.
Me and Bharani went to the parking lot and the other two guys caught an auto to my place. Shiva was in my place an hour later. 
By the time I reached home, I had received four messages from Sudha. I replied her but she slept off.
I sent her the message ‘Had an awesome day with you. You looked very beautiful in the green saree. Was driving that’s why couldn’t reply. Catch you tomo. Take care. Good night and sweet dreams.’
 

PRESENT

Now all the four of us are committed. Myself and Sudha, Raghav and Sindhu, Shiva and Lavanya, Moulee and Deepika. We were happy till disaster struck.
What happens Next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment