Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride: RIDE-16:


Everybody gave a dreadful look at me. Especially my friends, unable to digest what I
spoke, Priya shouted….stop blabbering Preethi ….to end one issue don‘t start another
one.
Vikram, unable to bear, what he has heard ,sat perplexed without knowing what to do.
Shiva gave a straight stare at Vikram and questioned him….
What is all this da ?
Are you aware of this?
Vikram sat speechless! All eyes stared at him!
Again I broke the silence…………I am extremely sorry friends…..Nobody was aware that
I liked Vikram. It‘s a thing that I kept within me. So, it‘s my entire fault.
I am extremely sorry Shiva!
I did not do anything with intentions to hurt you or to use you for my own gain. But
unintentionally, it happened as such.
Shiva‘s eyes reddened….so you say that you used my name just to make your intentions
work…hah….
Did you think about my emotions, before using me for your own good, Preethi?
I never expected you to be this cheap?
As Shiva continued with few more harsh words,
Suddenly Vikram gave a loud thud on the table and cried….Shiva! Please stop hurting
her?
The whole situation was a chaos! Everybody looked at each other no table to
comprehend, what is actually unfolding!!!
Shiva! Literally shocked by Vikram‘s behavior! Yelled in complete rage!!!!So….Vikram,
since she said that she is in love with you, you couldn‘t bear my accuses against her
right! So, in just a matter of seconds, your Friendship drowned, just for a girls
flatters!!!

Vikram screamed again! Please stop Shiva! Please, I beg you!
The entire problem is only because of me. It is I, who made Preethi behave like this.
Shocking vibes moved across everybody‘s eyes as Vikram confessed, …………….I decided
that Preethi is the girl for me from the day I saw her for the first time. I tried to
express to her in one or the other way…but that only lead to rough conversations,
offends and hurts. Whatever I did only irritated her. Her responses were always rude
or irritating or whatever….So I never had a single clue that she likes me….
Eventually, after the excursion, I came to know that Shiva is love with her. I was
shocked initially.
Shiva interrupted! ….So Vikram….You completely concealed everything from me…and
now you say that you are also in love with her………
Vikram gave a break for a second…..
We kept staring at him………..
NO SHIVA! My love faded away…when I learned that you are in love with her. I, no
more have any feelings for her. I don‘t want to continue with this talk anymore. I am
exhausted already. I am leaving now.
WAIT VIKRAM! I shouted at the top of my voice!
Anu pressed my hands….Preethi Calm down……
Completely outraged and tears bubbling on my eyes……..I screamed…….So …..This is your
final decision right!
Vikram ……stood like a statue……and blabbered……actually ………..
I screamed again….Say YES or NO…………………..Vikram………..don‘t bluff…
Vikram gave a glance at Shiva‘s devastated face and reddened eyes…..and quietly
replied …..YES..Preethi…this is my final decision……I am sorry…..
I bit my lips, unable to control my anger, tears, frustration, disappointment, betrayal
……..
I sat down…….Fine Shiva !!! I suppose your air is clear now……I am equally hurt as you. I
am in the same position as you are. I am betrayed to the same extent as you have been betrayed, above all, I am shattered and broken to the same depth as you are into
……..so…I am sure…that….you will be quiet happy and satisfied…….with the punishment
that I have received now…….
Shiva sat speechless…..listening to my outburst……
I turned to Vikram……Great Vikram…….Shiva should be fortunate to get an awesome
friend like you. May be someday people will study in history about your matchless
sacrifice or maybe they can even keep a statue…..
Good that I understood about you at this stage.
Everybody listened to me quietly, as I outpoured my emotions…………………
Exhausted! I leaned back on table…..
Priya …..K fine guys…..this is an awesome day…..None of us will forget this day in our
entire life. I am sure that the things are pretty clear now…..To summarize…….Shiva is in
love with Preethi….but Preethi is love with Vikram….but….Vikram was in love with
Preethi…but after the excursion…he is in love with no one…..Now Preethi is betrayed
and Shiva is betrayed ….and Vikram has turned to be a loyal friend…..
Wow…exclaimed Thivya!!! What a summary!!! We can make a movie on this
….Madhav….Thivya…Anu and Priya burst into laughter…..as me , Shiva sat still as if we
have swallowed a ginger……and Vikram gave a frustrated gaze at Priya….
We dispersed, without saying even good bye. My friends kept teasing me and now and
then they showed their anger for hiding my emotions to them.
I sat in my home…staring at my Digital Systems material;
Our second year came to closure. I hardly saw Vikram or Shiva anywhere in my vicinity.
I always clung to my studies and my friends. I kept myself occupied with something or
the other thing. My friends sometimes gossiped that Shiva and Vikram are not close as
before nowadays. There were some rumors that they both had a terrible verbal
argument, cause of Preethi.
Days moved on. The final year students disappeared from the college owing to their
dissertation. We had our own happiness, gossips, chats, studies. But somewhere, in the
dark corner of my heart laid a heavy burden, which I concealed within me. It popped
out whenever I was lonely and made me to cry like a mad thing.
The Day Dawned, yah the farewell day! The management made amazing arrangements
for the farewell party.

I saw Vikram after a really really long time. He stood along with Madhav . Shiva stood
with some other guys in his class.
My friends were busy talking to the senior girls and getting the slam books written. I
prepared myself for this day long before. I had 3 slam books in my hand. I stood along
with my friends…giggling with the senior girls.
After some time, I moved alone straight to Shiva! He gave an unwelcoming glare at
me.I ignored it….
Hi Shiva!!!!
He shrunk his fore head…and gave a cold reply….Hi!
Hmmm! I sighed!!!All the Very Best Shiva for your wonderful future!
Plainly Shiva replied….Thanks!
I extended the new slam book …..To him….Please fill this Shiva! I will be glad!
Shiva gave a surprised glance at me….took the slam book and moved away….
Quiet satisfied! I moved to Vikram! He gave a simple beautiful smile as usual…..I smiled
back…..He looked stylish, stunning and handsome as usual….His hair was streaked with
golden shades…but that really suited him………
I came back to reality, as he enquired, how are you Preethi?
I am fine Shiva!!! Oops sorry Vikram (I bit my tongue)…
Vikram ..Quiet shocked….but smiled immediately…it‘s ok! So what‘s up ?
Nothing Vikram! I want you to fill this slam book for me! …..
Yah sure Preethi!.....
Fine Vikram! All the very best for your future endeavors!
Between don‘t forget to send me your wedding invitation Vikram !!!! I smiled…
He gave a straight stare at me…..Hmmmm….I will let you know, if that happens…..
I smiled and moved to my friends….
The day got over peacefully……I felt burdened, as we become the super seniors of the
college. No more seniors to us.

I sat on my bed; I took the first slam book written by Shiva. He has just filled it for
name sake. I understood that he hasn‘t forgiven me yet. But it‘s Ok. The last comment
caught my eyes….‖ Believe a pouncing snake but not a smiling women‖………………
I closed the slam book…gave a blank look at my wall….The tweety presented by Shiva
smiled at me…….
I took the next slam book………………..given to Vikram……
I opened it…………………
Shocked….I flipped through the pages…….I sat confused…………..What is this?????

No comments:

Post a Comment