Tuesday, December 20, 2011

SAHANA: TRUE GHOST EPISODES PART 3

Episode - 3
It took me some time to get out from the shock. ‘She was in some problem. I could see it in her eyes. I could have consoled her if not solving her prob.’ I thought.
She was young, talented and had a great love. Poor guy I wonder how her guy Krishna will bear this.’ I thought.
I couldn’t bear it. I called Sudha and explained everything to her.
“Okay sri, don’t worry. It is all destined. You can’t change it.” She said.
“I know da. But I could have at least spoken to her.” I said.
“That is what I am telling you. Everything is destined. The actions that happen in our life are all destined. Don’t feel for it. It all happens for the good.” She said.
“Okay Sudha. I will just talk to you in sometime.” I said.
“That’s okay da. But no hard feelings. Just relax your mind. Take care sri.”  She said.
“Okay fine.”
“Okay bye.” She said.
“Hey...” I said.
“Yeah tell da.” She said.
“You won’t know how much this consoling meant to me. You mean to me much more than what my words could possibly express. I love you.” I said.
“You mean the world to me darling. Anything for you. Take care. Love you too. Bye.” She said.
“Bye Sudha.” I said and hung up the call.
I looked at the newspaper for some time. ‘I could have done something.’ I thought.
Then I started my daily routine. The guys got up and went to their homes. We planned to meet at 11:00am and start to the college. Going to college was only for the sake of meeting the guys and plan for an outing. Just as I was about to leave, I got a call from advocate Bharadwaj Sunder’s office.
“Hello.” I said.
“Hi is this Srikkanth? I am calling from advocate’s office. I am his PA. My name is Janani.” She said.
“Oh, Hi Janani. I am Srikkanth. Please tell.” I said.
“The advocate wanted to meet you at 11:00am. You and your friend Raghav right?” She asked.
“Yes mam.” I said.
“You can call me Janani itself. No formalities.” She said.
“Okay fine. We ll be there.”  I said.
“Okay bye.” She said and hung up the call.
I called Raghav and told him regarding the meeting.
“What the...? He gave us one month time right? Now what’s his problem? Cha I hate this.” Raghav said.
“So do I da machi. But maximum say half hour only meeting will be. Then we can come and meet our guys for sure.” I assured him.
“Okay fine.” He said with a sigh.
“Tea shop at 10:30. Be ready.” I said.
“Okay. Bye.”  He said.
“Bye da.” I said and hung up the call.
I reached the tea shop at 10:30am, picked up Raghav and we drove to the advocate’s office. We reached by 10:55am.
“Hi, I am Srikkanth. We have an appointment with the advocate.” I said.
“Hi, I am his PA.” She said.
“Oh Janani right? Hi. This is my friend Raghav.” I said.
“Oh Hi.” She said to Raghav.
“Hi.” He said.
“You have to wait for some time. You can sit there.” She said.
“Okay fine.”Raghav said.
She smiled at me and I smiled back.
“Dai what da smiling and all? I will report to Sudha madam.” Raghav threatened me with a wink.
“Hey just a casual smile da. You know about me.” I said.
“Yes, of course I do. Just kidding.” Raghav said with a pat on my shoulders.
We were waiting in the lobby. The PA called the advocate and informed him but still he didn’t call us in. One hour passed by and Raghav started to feel frustrated.
“Why the hell did he call us soon if he’s not going to meet us at 11:00am. It’s so frustrating.” Raghav said.
“Yes I know. But maybe he got some urgent work.” I said.
“Yeah maybe he got diarrhoea. Haha.” Raghav laughed.
“You may go in now.” Janani said.
Raghav stumbled and then we got up and went inside. “Excuse me. May I come in Sir.” Raghav asked.
“Yes please.” The advocate said.
This was the first time we had met him. We had just spoke to him over phone asking for doing a case study under his guidance. He was a young man nearing his mid 30’s, very charming. His office room was full of books. His records spoke of his name and fame. Raghav and I felt belittled as we went further inside his room. We approached the seat.
“Sit down please.” He said.
Raghav and I sat down.
“What would you like to have anything hold or cold?” He asked.
“Well any cold drinks.” Raghav said with a glee.
“Okay fine.” He said.
He called his PA and ordered for 3 Limca’s. It was brought quite immediately.
“Please gentlemen.” He said.
We started drinking. While Raghav was decent enough to use a straw, I took out the straw and made myself comfortable.
“My name is Bharadwaj Sunder. People call me an expert in criminal cases, a Mozart in court who argues with extreme politeness and wit. But according to me, I see myself just like a junior willing to practice under an advocate. I see every new case like my first case. I work towards it with extreme attention to even the minute details. That’s the important reason for my success. You understand guys?” He asked.
“Yes Sir.” We said in chorus.
“That’s good. Now what is the progress of the case study?” He asked.
“We are desperately searching for a case. But till now no success.” Raghav said.
“Oh... I see. I think I gave you guys a month’s time right?” He asked.
“Yes Sir.” Raghav said and I nodded my head.
“Ok fine. Take your time and get back to me. I have a case this week which I will be busy with so will get in touch with you after that.” He said.
“Okay Sir fine.” We said.
“Meanwhile, I have some work for you guys. My last month case files documentation is pending; if you can help me with the documentation it would be greatly appreciated.” He said.
We had no other choice but to accept. We accepted to help him and Janani led us to the way of the documentation room. She had segregated every month’s case files in a very systematic manner. There were totally 32 cases last month and we had to do the documentation for all of them. It took us over 7 hours to finish it and at the end we were totally exhausted.
Raghav then called Moulee.
“Hey machi, it’s me da.” Raghav said.
“Dai sollu da.” Moulee said.                         (MEANING – Yeah tell.)
“Dai Bessi beach ku vanthudu. Maatas and beer. Shiva va yum kootindu vaa.” Raghav said.
(MEANING – Come to Bessi beach. Food from maatas and get beer. Bring shiva too.)
“Seri da. Time?” Moulee asked.                                (MEANING – Okay sure. Time?)
“10. Usual time. We are starting from here now.” Raghav said.
“Okay then see u tada!”  Moulee said.
“Bye.” Raghav said and ended the call.
Both of us started to Bessi beach. We reached in half hour, parked the bike and started walking. Marina beach has balloon shooting, ice creams, corn in cups, etc. But the famous item is Bajji. Whenever we went there, we got Bajji from Ramu anna kadai (Ramu’s shop).
We got Bajji from there and started walking towards the water. Raghav and I sat down. We hadn’t spoken to our girls from the morning. So we thought of speaking to them. It was almost 10:00pm. Raghav called Sindhu and they were talking. I called Sudha but there was no answer at all.
‘Guess she slept off.’
I thought.
I sent her message – Sorry honey was very busy with work so couldn’t call you. Take care. Hope my angel is sleeping like a cute baby. Good night Srikk dreams.
I seriously wish I could spend more time with her. Well definitely till such time she will understand.’ I thought.
I suddenly felt a strange feeling. A feeling of being uncomfortable. Sometimes when ur alone you feel your surrounded by someone or something. When you sleep late night you get that creepy feeling. I looked around. Raghav was talking at a distance. The beach was very lonely and deserted. I felt something walking at my back. I was too hesitant to turn back. I was watching the waves.
Many of them would have sensed this feeling of seeing someone over the back of your shoulders especially during nights. I have a special interest in reading about spirits and communicating with them. Not all of them can feel spirits around them. There are only a sect of people in the three cadres of human beings who can feel spirits.
Just as I was thinking about this something hit hard on my shoulders. I was petrified. I turned to see and it was Shiva.
“Dai, neeya?” I said with a great sigh of relief.     (MEANING – Oh, it’s you.)
“Yes of course it’s me. You look as though you’ve seen a ghost!” Shiva laughed.
“I am just tired.” I said.
“Okay. Don’t worry Maatas and Kingfisher will help you.” Shiva said.
“I hope so.” I said.
Moulee came and showed the bags containing the food and drinks.
“That’s cool. You got Schezwan Gobi Fried Rice for me right?” I asked.
“Yep, as always.” Moulee said.
“Okay cool. Let’s start.”  I said.
“Dai Raghav, come da. Let’s eat.” Moulee shouted.
Raghav came in five minutes and we started eating. By the time we finished eating, it was 11pm. Then we opened Mr. Kingfisher with all due respect. It was almost midnight when the whistle blew. It is a practice of the Chennai police not to allow anyone stay in the beach after midnight. The whistle was blowing and we were asked to leave immediately. We went to the parking lot and started our bikes. Raghav and I were on my bike and Shiva and Moulee were on Shiva’s bike.
I and Moulee were driving the two bikes. We started from Besant nagar and went through Adayar. In around ten minutes we were nearing Anna University. I felt a cold shrill making me remember SAHANA and her accident. I shook my body.
Near Anna University there is a signal. It was blinking ORANGE. So I proceeded through the signal. Moulee and Shiva were behind us by a distance. I saw a scooty in front of us. A girl was riding the scooty. She had her hair loose, pink chudidhar with white dhupatta and she was driving a pink scooty. She didn’t wear any helmet.
“Hey machi, girls have become really bold da.” I said.
“Why da? What happened?” Raghav asked.
“Look at the girl in front of us. She is riding her scooty without helmet at midnight. Wow she must be really brave.” I said.
“Yeah that’s true da. Okay go in front we shall see her face.” Raghav said.
‘TN-09-BF-4090’ I memorised the registration number
“Okay fine.” I said and increased my throttle. As we went near also she didn’t increase her speed. She was going in a constant throttle. She was covering her face with her dhupatta probably to protect herself from the chill breeze.
Raghav said to her, “Hello madam.”
No reply from her. She neither did turn her head also.
“Hello, excuse me.” He said again.
No reply nor did she turn her head also.
“What da? She is not at all responding.” Raghav asked me.
“Hey leave it da.” I said.
Suddenly she stopped in a signal and we proceeded. The signal was just blinking ORANGE but still she stopped.
“Why did she stop? It was Orange only right?” Raghav asked.
“I hope so. Anyways free da.”  I said,
We crossed Saidapet bus stand and took the 2nd left to East Jones Road. In the beginning of the road there is a y-shaped road. On the left side of the Y-shaped road there is a temple. The right side of the Y-shaped road is a shortcut.
Once we entered the East Jones Road, I took the left side of the Y-shaped road. Just as I took the left, I was shocked and petrified. The same girl with the same scooty, was standing there just beside the temple and was staring at a house diagonally opposite to the temple. I patted Raghav and asked him to look at her too. She was dumbstruck.
She had never overtaken us to reach before us. Besides she stopped at the signal. There was no chance that she would have crossed us as there was no other shortcut. She was standing there beside the temple. The entire road stretch was damn silent. I raised the throttle to make some sound but still she didn’t turn back.
“Let’s get out of here da.” Raghav said.
“Yes sure.” I said and we accelerated. As we proceeded towards the end of the road I remembered, “Dai Shiva and Moulee da.” I said.
“Oh yes. We have to wait for them.” Raghav said.
Both of us didn’t have guts to turn back. In a minute I heard a bike near us. “Machi...” Shiva said.
We turned back and she was gone. We couldn’t see any signs of her and the bike. I was totally petrified.
“Let’s leave soon.” I said.
We reached my place in another 10 minutes and my heart was pounding very hard. Raghav was saying everything that happened to Moulee and Shiva. While Moulee believed, Shiva was laughing hard and said that it was the effect of Mr.Kingfisher.
“Raghav, stop I have an idea. I know the vehicle number. If we go to the RTO and find her address then we can decide as to whether we really saw a spirit or a human.” I said.
“Yes, that’s a good idea.” Raghav said.
We all hit the bed, I was thinking ‘we can decide as to whether we really saw a spirit or a human.’ and I gulped.
‘TN-09-BF-4090. Here I come tomorrow.’
I thought and closed my eyes.


What happens Next? :-) wait and Watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment