Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride -Part 4:

I sat still, without knowing what to do. I squeezed Priya‘ s hands and pulled her
near me and whispered in her hear ,‘who gave this to u‘? She gave a loud laugh. I
urged her to be quiet and tell the story. We leaned on the bus seat, and Priya with
a bright smile on her face narrated.
‗ Vikram called me yesterday during the lunch break. Shiva was not there but
Madhav was along with him. He enquired me, why you were absent today? Then he
gave this book to me and told me not to open this and also he insisted me to give
this to you only in the bus, as he wants to see your reaction.‘But anyway , we all saw
what was inside the book yesterday itself de!!!
Aiyoooooo….I couldn‘t control myself. I felt like jumping. But this time I failed to
maintain my reaction in the face. I was very sure that Vikram would have realized
the relief and happiness in my face. I kept a smiling face, wondering how the
college‗s most handsome boy started taking interest in me.
All four of us went inside the classroom and got seated in our last desk. Unusually,
the window near us was closed completely. The fan above us is a name sake fan, so
Anu went near the window to open it. The moment she took the latch out, the guys
at the other end screamed. They blasted in some unknown words, and Ganesh
shouted, if anybody tries to open that window, their hand will be gone. (The boys
wanted to close the window, as it was near the corridor. So they get caught as the
Principal or the staffs often peeps through that)
I was sure that Ganesh spoke some very very bad word and got outraged. I walked
straight to the window and I pushed Anu aside and I opened the big window wide
open. I turned back and leaned myself in the wall and I folded my hands and kept
my legs crossed in a very stylish position and gave a glare at the boys.
All my friends were stunned and the whole class was clam looking at me. Sensing
the stillness of the classroom, suddenly a fear gripped me. But no matter what, I
didn‘t show that in my face. Ganesh came straight to me. He was so huge and tall,
the moment he came near me, I looked so tiny, and I was only till his chest. He gavean ugly smile and told me, it would just take seconds to throw you out. I sighed, and
I gave a cruel hatred smile at him and I barked back, I would use those few
seconds of time to give a tight slap to you and the rest of the 3 years you have to
spend your days , as a coward who got a tight slap from a girl.
The whole class was stunned at my words. But only God knows how violently I was
trembling and how badly I was choked with fear. He gave a cold look at me and
shouted, so the seniors are backing you lady, that is the reason behind your
boldness. I replied back, Shut your mouth. Between, our lecturer Mr. Raj came
inside our class. Immediately we all got seated in our seats. My friends were
awestruck at my boldness and I was so proud of that.
I was in Cloud Nine –thinking about Vikram ‗s refusal on Rakhi and Victory over
Ganesh and I hardly listened to the class. We didn‘t take any notes and all four of
us were giggling. Suddenly Mr. Raj came to our last row and we didn‘t notice that at
all, as we were busy teasing each other. He roared, Preethi, what is happening
there, and show me your notes? Oops, the note book that I had on my desk was
Civil Note Book. But Raj deals with Engineering Drawing. All four of us stood up
with our heads down. Raj gave a look at my notebook and threw it outside. I
couldn‘t believe what had happened. He told all four of us to stand outside the
class room. God, this has never happened in my life. What a shame. We all stood
near the door. Ganesh‘s friends and most of the girls who likes Ganesh gave a
sarcastic smile at us. The same moment Shiva and Vikram crossed our classroom. OOOh God!!! Why on
earth! This happens to me. I urged my friends not to look left and right. Once they
crossed us, I slowly turned right to see Vikram.Oops he immediately turned back,
and gave a mocking laugh at me. Chaa……I hate this….always I get caught!!!!
Again after sometime I turned right to see Vikram……but this time it was Shiva
who turned back….It‘s worse than the earlier!!!
Now a circular came, it‘s nothing but the …Timetable for the
Periodical……..Exams………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment