Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride -Ride-3:

Yelling at Vikram , I rushed to the nearest wash room. I really couldn‘t understand
how I acted so well. But fear and guilty feeling gripped me so badly. When I came
out my four friends convinced me and scolded Vikram so badly. I couldn‘t bear
those words, but somehow I told them to stop speaking on that topic and headed
back to my class.
In the evening Interval, in the pantry, Vikram came straight to me, and calmly said
a simple Sorry. I didn‘t reply back. He broke the silence and told me, my mom told
that a girl called me, I don‘t know why, but I got an instinct that it was you. But
never meant to hurt you. I am sincerely sorry. He moved saying this. I stood
staring at him dumbfounded. My friends gave a glare at me.
Next afternoon, whole of our classes were divided in to two batches. Except for
Anu, I, Priya and Thivya were in the same batch. We all went inside the lab, but the
second year CSE students have occupied already. I saw Vikram and Shiva sitting in
the left corner. They departed from the lab, I turned to the opposite direction, so
that I don‘t have to face them. Our lecturer directed us to occupy any seats; I
pulled Priya and took the same seat where Vikram and Shiva were seated.
Our lecturer started with simple exercises on VB, and when I opened the system,
it had many documents saved with Shiva‘s name. Then I realized in a hurry I took
Shiva‘s seat. I cannot tell this to Priya, because I was maintaining a decent image
with my friends. Any way now and then I interrupted Priya and peeped in to
Vikrams programs and documents. Priya started to notice that I am taking lots of
interest on Vikram. I created so many documents and I created my profile with my
likes and don‘t likes and saved with my name. This I did purely for Vikram to take
notice.But unfortunately, I started to get disturbances from Ganesh, my class mate. He
made rubbish comments when we passed by. He occupied the same computer, as he
is in the other batch. He made lots of stupid documents. This started spreading
like a wild fire. One fine day, during the lunch break, Vikram , Madhav ,Shiva and 2
more other guys came to our class. They called Ganesh and his friends outside.
They had a discussion for few seconds. Once our seniors moved away, Ganesh came
straight to me, he shouted, What Preethi! Threatening me with seniors!!hah!!! As of
now I will leave it and I will take my revenge at the right time! The moment he
moved away, my face brightened and I couldn‘t believe that Vikram has startedtaking interest in me. My friends started to tease. But I strictly told them, that I
don‘t like these kinds of comments.
We got a circular, that the fresher‘s party is going to happen the coming Friday.
The fresher‘s party was on the 45th day since our first day. The whole college was
on causals, it‘s a cool break from our weird uniforms. We had culturals, games,
lunch, competitions etc. After lunch, the senior girls called all the fresher girls and
gave knitting threads and told us to do rakhi bands. We were confused initially.
Then around 4.00 PM, they told us to tie the bands to any guys we want. It was so
funny to watch, guys running here and there.
I said, I will tie this band to Ganesh! Priya reacted immediately and said, why you
don‘t tie it for Vikram. A moment, I suffered from electric shock. But I stood, as
if I was least bothered and I replied back, Big deal! If he is ready then I can tie.
Not a Problem. I literally prayed to God, that Priya shouldn‘t take any adverse
steps. But without waiting a second, she ran and called Vikram, who was standing at
the other side of the corridor, and called me from there. I didn‘t know what to do.
I felt, I will run away somewhere. But Anu and Thivya started to scream, hey
Preethi, come…come… lets have fun. I felt like that I was having stroke. But we
moved near them. Vikram looked confused. Madhav and Shiva stared equally
confused.
Priya screamed, Vikram anna (Vikram Brother), Preethi wants to tie this rakhi for
you. Vikram smiled casually, Oh is it…Good then I have got a beautiful sister…he
exclaimed! My world really stopped when he uttered these words. I dint speak
anything, I dint even look at him, I took the rakhi and tied it in his right hand. I
tied it and my hands trembled so violently. Priya mocked at me, why dear your
hands are shaking as if, hadn‘t taken food for many days.Vikram alleged back, may
be Priya …she wouldn‘t have got such a handsome brother like me.
I ran to the washroom. I cried , cried, cried,…That is what I did. I couldn‘t believe
what had happened. I cursed Priya, I cursed Vikram.I cursed everybody. But in
vain. I didn‘t speak to anybody in the bus. I was completely out of form. I came to
home and slept immediately. My mom woke me in the morning, I excused to take an
off to college stating that I was not feeling well. The whole day I was really
struggling with emotions. I cried. I couldn‘t sleep. The next day, I had no option
but to go to college.
I boarded the bus and I sat near Priya. I didn‘t say a word. Thivya and Priya kept
on giggling, but I dint speak a word. After some time Priya slipped a book, with a
big white paper on it stating ‗Go to Page 45‘. I gave a cold stare. But she pointedher finger to the book. Irritated I opened the page 45. Bewildered, I saw the same
Rakhi which I tied to Vikram, covered in pink polythene with a small note in it. ―I
will never accept you as my sister‖.
I….I don‘t ….Know….I…what to do….what to react….???!!###&&*&(^%$!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment