Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride: RIDE -9

I decided, never to speak with Vikram . I cried to my friends, complaining about
Vikram. They tried to convince me, but I was not in a position to listen to them. The
final day of the fest was filled with loads of entertainment and grandeur. At 3.00 PM,
the awards session started. The Rank holders were honored with certificates and cash
awards. I won, third prize for the singing competition. I was very happy.
Days moved on. I avoided Vikram and Shiva equally. I decided to concentrate more on
my studies. I don‘t want to get hurt anymore. But something kept burdening me
constantly. I realized that I was not happy, but still, I lived through it.
On a fine Saturday, Priya and her parents gave a surprise visit to our home. They
invited us for their elder daughter Praseetha akka‘s (sister‘s) wedding. We made lots of
plans for Praseetha‘s wedding, right from dresses, to cosmetics to hairstyles…….
I had a doubt that Priya would have invited Vikram…but I was not sure…..I didn‘t
bother to ask that as well…..
The day dawned….We were all excited….Glittering in colorful Choli…we all stood in the
reception inviting the guests with rose petals, perfumed water etc….and Priya happily
introduced us to all her relatives…
There came a big gang….yah around 15 boys…..all looked handsome. Especially Vikram,
he was terrific in his slim fit ….full sleeves …..Black shirt and blue
jeans………..instinctively I was excited, I don‘t know why? But, I voiced within me … I
should be stubborn, no matter what and I should never smile at him or talk to him…
The whole wedding crowd stared at the gang of boys. They reached the reception and
all my friends invited them with a broad smile and Anu Sprinkled the perfumed water
on them, and Thivya sprinkled the rose petals……and I extended the tray with sandal
cream and many other stuffs mounted on it. I didn‘t react much, apart from a simple
smile.
At last Madhav and Vikram stood before us. Vikram snubbed me; he didn‘t even give a
single glance at me. He looked at my friends and gave a big Wowwwwwww…and
screamed….Wow Anu…Thivya…Priya….U three are the most beautiful girls in the
world….They laughed…………and Blushed……I couldn‘t bear this….but I stood still…..Then
he gave a loathing look at me…….I stood there staring at him…..
He smiled at Thivya …….Hey Thivya ….can u please take the tray….the next second
Thivya pulled the tray from my hand…….Then he took the sandal cream and applied it on his neck and whispered….Oh Thivya….I
should be very fortunate to take this from your hands…..
I could not understand what is going around me…….I was expressionless…….He again
gave a mischievous smile at me and moved inside the hall………I felt like running back to
my home…..Thivya was on Cloud nine……..Priya gave a pat at my shoulder and urged me to
move inside….
I felt so burdened……I couldn‘t concentrate much..I was not excited anymore……I sat
along with my friends in the front row during the function……We completed the buffet
and sat in the hall……
The guys came and sat along with us….Vikram pulled the chair and forced me to
move….and he sat in between me and Thivya….. He flirted with Thivya and Anu…..and now
and then he gave a weird look at me…….…..I scolded him in my heart with all the words I
knew……
I excused from them, and I took an auto to my home. Suddenly, I started to sob. I
couldn‘t understand, what was happening within me. I couldn‘t understand about Vikram
as well….Sometimes he behaves as if I am his world…Sometimes he behaves as if I am
his victim for all his naughty stuffs…..
My mom was surprised at my early arrival. I sat on my couch with a blank head. My
phone rang and my mom shouted….Preethi!!!! Its Vikram …..
I was surprised. I didn‘t expect his call. Without any reaction, I took the receiver. My
mom moved to kitchen.
There was complete silence.
I didn‘t dare to speak. I kept listening to his breath.
He broke the silence with a fake cough and ……..spoke with a calm tone….
Preethi!!! You looked so beautiful today!
I sat still! I didn‘t speak back!
He coughed again and spoke again……actually……I was about……..I didn‘t mean to………….He
couldn‘t speak more….. (He blabbered)……
He gave a calm smile……
Ok Preethi!!! Take Care…..
The call got disconnected……For the whole conversation! I didn‘t speak a single word! Tiny droplets of tears skated
on my cheek down…..

No comments:

Post a Comment