Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride - RIDE-6

I was embarrassed to the maximum. I took my bag and moved along with Priya and
Thivya. The same moment , Shiva called me, with surprised eyes, I looked at him
and I saw Vikram standing next to him, posing as if , he couldn‘t control the
laughter still. Shiva spoke convincingly; don‘t worry about our HOD‘s comments. You
prove your worth, in the next exams. Never take this to you heart and put yourself
down.
Though I couldn‘t bear Shiva‘s gyaan, I posed as if I was mesmerized with Shiva‘s
words. I could sense Vikram becoming restless, the moment I started listening
with interest to Shiva. I was very happy. This is all I want, I thought. I was not
ready to lose this opportunity.
I spoke back softly, you know what Shiva? You are my inspiration from day one. I
was so amazed, how a person can be so humble despite of so many achievements
and you are one among the billons. Shiva blushed and Vikram ‗s cute face went
small. I continued, also , I took your seat intentionally in the computer lab, just
because, I admire you so much. The moment I said this, Vikram‘s face darkened
badly and he excused himself and moved away.
I felt a glorious victory. The moment Vikram moved away, I felt so satisfied and I
said to Shiva , Ok thanks for your kind words and I moved away. Without realizing
that the words that I spoke will change my life upside down, I make a triumphant
walk towards my friends, feeling much satisfied that I have taken revenge on
Vikram.
I really worked hard and prepared for the rest of the papers very well and I
wrote well. The periodicals was done peacefully .But for the first exam paper, I
scored in all the other examinations very well. Now and then Shiva used to enquire
to me about my marks.
The first semester nearly came to a closure with lot of colorful incidents and then
the Study Holidays started. Our college was so generous and we got 14 days of
Study Holidays. The first seven days, I studied like a mad girl. Then I got bored,
so Priya, Me and Anu planned to meet at Thivya‘s house for combined studies.
Only Priya had one Black SUNNY. Me and Anu had our good old Lady Bird cycles.
So Priya picked Anu and came to my home. I waved bye to my mom and I started
the vehicle. It nearly took us five minutes to start the vehicle and Priya sat behind
me and Anu sat at the end. So it was triples…………Oh God!!! That was awesome. The SUNNY with heavy sound, tore the winds and
moved. We shouted, sang songs and we were all flying high. Suddenly from
nowhere, a BAJAJ PULSAR zroooooooooomedddddddd crossing us like a wind. The
sudden drift, shook all three of us. It‘s none other than, Ganesh and his two
friends.
He rode the bike, front , back, left, right. I was quiet shaken. The SUNNY gave
lot more bad noise and those stupid‘s teased us. Anu got so scared and told to stop
the vehicle, even I was scared. But Priya screamed back, if we stop, he will think
that we are coward. Go Preethi…Go……it was a worse road; the highway department
had piled stones on both sides of the road to reshape the road.
As I feared, suddenly Ganesh rode his bike close to us and he gave a short close
cut…..The next moment I lost my complete control and our SUNNY ran straight to
the piles of stones. It gave a heavy screech….and banged on the
stones…flat…….both Priya and Anu they rolled behind and I and the SUNNY lied
twisted on the piles of stones.
By God‘s grace none of us were severely hurt, but in the heights of anger , I gave
a glare at Ganesh. With laughter he stopped his Pulsar near me. Anu and Priya ,
rubbing the dust in their hands walked slowly towards me. Ganesh extended his
ugly hands…Come on Priya …Hold my hand…I will lift you up!!!! He chuckled…The
next moment; out of my extreme fury…I took the hot ..sharp..stone, and gave a
clear straight throw at his head. Little droplets of blood sprinkled and he shouted
aaaammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…..and kept his hands on the head….
Before he completed his shout , I took the next stone and gave a second
throw….now I missed the target, It gave a hit on his BIG watch…..the glasses of
the watch sprinted everywhere….His friends got down from the bike…screaming
Gannneshhhh….
I waited no more. Anu and Priya stood still stuck seeing what is happening. I took
the SUNNY back on stand; it was also scratched in all places, and cried at Anu and
Priya to jump on the vehicle. My salwar was completely torn and my knee and ankle
was bleeding. With fiery eyes and tears on it, I drove the vehicle in full speed,
without knowing where we were going……
Our heart beats were beating fast and after sometime, I couldn‘t drive as my
hand started to pain heavily. All three of us were completely choked with
uttermost fear and the scream of Ganesh banged in our ears again and again. We
ran to a local hospital and I got dressed up. Thankfully Anu and Priya were not hurt
at all. My beautiful dress has now become useless. I felt like hanging Ganesh.

Then Priya drove us to Thivya ‗s house. I somehow hid all the wounds with my
dupatta, and said hi to Thivya ‗s mom and moved in to her room. All 4 of us sat
quietly. I didn‘t know, how I will face my mom. She will be heart broken , if she
hears about this. We sat together and cursed Ganesh with all the words we knew.
Then I took one of Thivya‘s new dresses and went back to my home and I somehow,
escaped from my mom‘s eyes without showing the bruises and made up some stories
that we exchanged our dresses.
After …2 days, my mom called me, and told me Vikram is on the phone. I was
shocked, but my mom‘s face looked happy. I feebly said ‗Hi‘. He asked me, do you
have the graphs. I got confused!!! Whhhat??? Garaph??? Then I looked at my mom,
and said, yah yah , I have it….you can collect it whenever you want??? And he
replied….Ok fine Preethi, I will collect it today evening at your home.Then I hanged
on the phone.
I gave a smile at my mom. She sighed!!! Vikram is as sweet as her mother and she
moved towards the kitchen.I stood still without knowing what to do…. I couldn‘t
believe that Vikram is coming to my house.
I ran to my wardrobe and my eyes started to hunt for the best
dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
===========================================================================
==================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment