Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride: RIDE-12:

I pushed those two pouches under some clothes, because my mom was eagerly looking
at the gifts that I have bought her. After some time, I moved to our bed room, locked
the room silently and took the two pouches.
I looked at the handwriting very keenly but I was not able to identify whose hand
writing was that. Filled with many kind of emotions and anticipations, I unwrapped the
smaller pouch which was labeled as ‗Dear preethi‘.
As I undid the gift paper, a small square shaped box popped out wrapped in silk cloth.
I removed the silk cloth and my mouth opened wide! It‘s a crystal rose of 4 cm height.
It gave a beautiful glow, with a mild sea blue shade and a thin golden stand.
Suddenly, I remembered seeing it somewhere…Oh my God!!! I saw that in Bangalore, in
the Forum mall. I stood along with my friends in the, The Swarovski Crystal shop!!!!
Admiring the beautifully crafted relics. It was this rose piece, which I keep admiring
for a long time and I even commented to Priya! One day, I will earn more and buy this
crystal rose!
I was happy!!! I was confused! I was terrified! I wondered who would have done this.
May be Vikram ? But he was busy running to the theatre!
May be Shiva? But he was busy organizing various stuffs!..
My friends! Obviously... They do not have that big money!
Who? Vikram?? Shiva???I searched the box for any clue….but there was nothing apart
from the single label, ‗ ‗ ‗Dear preethi ‗
Clueless! I decided to open the next pouch labeled ‗MY PREETHI. I really fainted! A
beautiful Tweety, popped up with its bright yellow shade and its big eyes.
I was about to buy that in Bangalore ‗Archies‘, but the cost was 999, which is one third
of my entire pocket money. So unwillingly, I kept it back on its shelve. Since I loved it,
I requested Priya to take 2 snaps along with the Tweety ! But the shop keeper flared a
stare at us, we stopped with one flash and moved out!
I stood still! Completely Confused!
Both the gifts were packed neatly and meticulously.
God! Who did this? Who is observing me this intensely? I was confused to the extent,
that I started to blabber alone.
But for the known reason, I had a thought in my mind that it was Vikram! Cause he
roamed around me for the entire three days!
I thought, I will call my friends and discuss with them on this issue.
I ran to our phone, before I could take the receiver, our phone cried.
I picked the receiver,
and Vikram exclaimed!...So you were waiting for my call Preethi!U just picked in just one ring!
I gave a sigh! Ok Vikram ! What do you want?
So how were my gifts?
I was shaken!
Excited!
Feeling satisfied that I guessed right!
So you are the culprit?
Don‘t you have any work? So from Ooty to Bangalore, you were following me and
observing?
You coward! You did all this, but you did not dare to give me the gifts directly!
Vikram interrupted!
Wait!
What are you talking about!
Vikram replied in a confused tone?
What Gifts?
What are you saying?
I didn‘t give you anything! I just teased you!
Just to confuse you! I asked how my gifts were. ?
But for God‘s sake! I did not drop anything!
I was shaken! What is happening?
I whispered, quietly, so is it Shiva?
****&^%*())*&^& …..My head gave a terrible ache….
Vikram ! I will talk to you later!
Before he replied, I disconnected the call!
I sat still! What is happening?
How am I going to deal with this?
VIKRAM
Vikram geared his bike, straight to Madhav‘s house. He explained everything to Madhav
in detail and they decided to go to Shiva s house.
Vikram was so tensed. He never expected his Best friend, would stand as his rival!
He felt ashamed of himself! I should have told this to Shiva, about my feeling for
Preethi!
I avoided because he doesn‘t like these kinds of talks.
Vikram has adjusted many things for Shiva! He obeyed Shiva in many things, right from
sitting in the first row, studying properly for the exams, and many other good habits.
He actually chose this college, just because Shiva has chosen it.
Both being friends for nearly a decade, they were dependent on each other for most of
the things and hardly had they taken any decisions without knowing each other.
But as far as Preethi is concerned, he couldn‘t resist.The day Vikram saw her for the first time; he felt that she is born for him. But Vikram
thought that, Shiva may insist him to stop these kinds of activities and will force him
to concentrate on studies, so he always chose Madhav on his entire encounter with
Preethi.
Many things went through Vikram‘s mind and without his knowledge he felt a heavy
burden in his heart and tears stagnated in his eyes.
The bike screeched to halt in front of Shiva‘s house.
Shiva invited Vikram and Madhav with a glad face. Shiva‘s mom served them dinner and
Vikram said, Aunty…tonight we have decided to stay in your house…..We are going to
watch some old movies together and have some fun!
Shiva s mom gave a pat on Vikram‘s shoulder,….Vikram…this is your home….you don‘t
have to ask any permission to me!!!!...
After having a night coffee, we moved to Shiva‘s bed room in the first floor.
Shiva, though born with silver spoon, was blessed with a pleasant humble and
responsible character.
We watched the movies, made funny comments and after some time, I insisted Shiva
and Madhav to switch off the TV and to talk on some interesting topic.
Madhav , understood the point and bluffed some stupid love story.
Vikram keenly watched Shiva‘s reaction.
On the peak of the topic, Vikram gave a casual question at Shiva!!!
What buddy! You don‘t have any colors in your life!
So you are waiting for your mom to find the right girl for you!
Shiva gave a simple smile! And spoke quietly!
Yup! Even I thought that only my mom will decide my girl! But one girl turned my life
upside down!
Vikram‘s heart choked!
Vikram gave a fake smile and joined with Madhav!!! Hey Shiva!!! What????Gr8 da!!! Why
you didn‘t tell us?
Who is that lucky girl?
And my worst fear came true…….as Shiva smirked and drew with a black marker on the
last page of a notebook…….” MY PREETHI ”

No comments:

Post a Comment