Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride - RIDE 7:

I have never been so excited like this in my life before. All of a sudden, I
thought that I should intimate Priya and should tell her to come to my home
this evening. I immediately gave her a ring, and narrated her about call with
Vikram, even Priya was so excited. It was around 4.30 PM, by this time, I have
already tried all my 11 best dresses and I was not satisfied with anything.
Finally I choose a lavender shade salwar kameez.
Then I combed my hair nearly 10 to 15 times, but no matter what, I felt little
disappointed with the hairstyle. Exactly at 5.15 PM, the calling bell rang, I
rushed out and I was completely shocked and all my excitement dripped down
in a second. Three pretty females stood at our step.hmmmmm…yes….my three
best friends..Anu..Thivya…and Priya.I never expected Anu and Thivya to join
me that evening. All three of them looked stunning in their beautiful outfits
and stylish hair styles. The jealous feeling, engrossed me and I was completely
down. My mom screamed…Oh Pretty ladies and hugged all three of them. I felt
very bad, as my mom didn‘t complement me at all. Its ok, I convinced myself
posing a fake smile.
As we were chatting and laughing, our calling bell gave a cry again. Before I
couldn‘t get up , Thivya ran to the door and with a beautiful smile she gave a
warm welcome to Vikram and Madhav.Both of them gave a surprised look at all
four of us and Vikram gave broad smile to my mom and handed a sweet
box.Vikram looked very handsome in his causal T-shirt and Jeans. We all sat
together on the sofa and my mom excused herself to the kitchen for preparing
the Tea. Vikram hardly looked at me as he was busy answering and smiling at
my other friends.
Madhav interrupted…..So Preethi , how‘s your bruises? We were all shocked!
How did they know about this? I made him to lower his voice, so that my mom
shouldn‘t hear this? They understood the situation and conversed something on
labs, Engineering Drawing paper, Graphs etc. Finally Vikram said, we have
already drawn the sketch for Ganesh. None of us couldn‘t understand what is
‗sketch for Ganesh‘?.
We were all shocked , when Madhav explained that they have planned toambush Ganesh and beat him down and disappear without making Ganesh to
realize that who did this all. I screamed back that I will not allow this to
happen and silently and carefully, Priya narrated all the incidents that
happened on that day and both the guys had a hearty laugh, when they heard
about the throwing of the stones. Madhav told us that this has spread like a
wild fire and many of our college mates were talking on this hot topic. Finally
we convinced them not to take any steps on this matter further and to drop
this issue to its own silent world.
My mom served snack and Tea and on the whole, I would have spoken to Vikram
just 3 or 4 times. I felt irritated with my friends, as they took all the
opportunities where I was supposed to speak. Finally, at 6.30 PM, Vikram and
Madhav got up and immediately all my three friends also packed up. I felt so
annoyed. But I had no other choice but to be a silent spectator. I stood near
the gate, waving good bye to everybody and Madhav geared his bike and
Vikram sat behind him .Just before some seconds to accelerate, Vikram
pushed a book into my hands and sped their bike sped away. All my girls
followed them waving their hands at me.
I sat on my bed, thinking, how my evening was spoiled. I took the book given by
Vikram, it had his name on the top ‗ Vikram – the MAXIMUS‘.I thought he
should be Russell Crowe‘s fan. I flipped through the pages and suddenly I
noticed ‗VT‘ written in one of the corner. My wild imagination overpowered
me…Oh??What is this VT—Vikram ..Thivya…no no ..no..What can it be??? Or
maybe Vikram is impressed with Thivya…Oh God…..I couldn‘t calm
myself….Somehow…I laidback down…and I didn‘t have any strength to flip the
pages and see any more shocks. So I closed the book and threw it on my table
with a bang…..a very very tiny card like thing…flapped out from the book.
Staggered, I took that and gave a close look at that.
It‘s a very tiny beautiful card. The cover was in sky blue color and from inside
the cover, popped a pretty card…..It had a girl with a long hat….with a writing
quoted at the top as ‗ U R CUTE GIRL‘.
I was flying higher and higher and higher!!!!Suddenly Butterflies were flying
around me. With color full dreams I had a pleasant sleep that night.
The next day Priya gave a ring to meet at KINGS BOOK STORE. It‘s the
famous book store in the town. My dad dropped me in the shop and headedaway. Thivya, Anu and Priya were already waiting for me there.Today also , all
there were dressed very beautifully and stylishly. The moment I entered
there, something gave a strong hit in my eyes. It‘s one stupid fly, and I
squeezed my eyes and my friends helped me to sort it out. My eyes became
red and most of my kajal had spread out.
Suddenly Thivya yelled, hey they are here. I turned back and saw Vikram ,
Madhav and 2 other boys. I gave a shocking look at Priya. Priya coolly replied,
on the way back home yesterday, they told us that we will meet in this book
store today. Just for surprise, we didn‘t tell you. I felt like killing Priya. I was
wearing a normal salwar and on top of that my eyes are reddened and my kajal
is out.
Oh God! What a pathetic day!!!I immediately moved to the stationery section.
I didn‘t even say Hi. Vikram‘s two friends nearly rotated me to see my face. I
somehow turned the directions here and there, to avoid them. My mind was so
worried, thinking what will Vikrams friends say? What a girl with ugly eyes?
Oh they will insist him to choose either Priya or Thivya or Anu instead of me. I
couldn‘t control my thoughts. It was building up like a ocean.
Suddenly Vikram came straight to me and alleged, hey preethi …What
happened to your eyes?? In a shock, I muttered, nothing…I got hit by a fly and
I moved away.
I didn‘t speak at all, as I suffered from all kind of inferiority complex and
after one hour I reached home.
I sat still looking at my fan and our telephone rang……Neutrally, I picked and
said Hello!!!! From the other end came a soft voice…Hello ….is Preethi there? I
am Shiva! Her college mate!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****Disclaimer*****
All the names, characters and events in this story are purely fictional and any
resemblance is completely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment