Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life is a Ride: RIDE-14:

The moment, I heard Vikram‘ voice, I felt like crying to him. Before I spoke a word,
Vikram gave a loud shout, Shiva…………Preethi is on call.
He reverted very casually…..Preethi!!! Just hold on for two minutes…Shiva will be on
line…….Saying this, he moved away from the receiver…
For the first time, Vikram sounded too formal….he spoke as if, he was talking to a third
person….I gave a puzzled gaze at my friends…
They looked at me …..I mimed …..To them what Vikram said……….
Within some seconds, Shiva ….exclaimed….Hi Preethi!!!It was quiet evident that he was
breathing heavily.
I completely forgot what I should be speaking. I blabbered about the nearing semester
exams…and exam materials and sample question papers.
Priya gave a hit on my head….and showed a written paper ―idiot!! Stop Bluffing!! And tell
him the exact matter‖…….
I gave a nod at her and ………
Shiva….
Yes Preethi!!!!
Actually……I wanted to ask you………..about someee…thhhing…!!!!
Ok Fine!! You can ask me whatever you want! But before that, I have a special news for
you!........
(I looked helplessly at my friends…and mimed again what Shiva spoke to me…!......Priya
gave an irritated stare at me !)
Hey Preethi , are you listening!!....bellowed Shiva!
Yah! Yah! Shiva! Tell me!!

You know what? I am done with my teenage and I am entering into my twenties….! (He
grinned)…
As, I was completely engrossed with various confusions…I couldn‘t comprehend initially,
what he was trying to say.
I replied quietly! Ok Fine!
What? Ok Fine! Won‘t you wish me?
Only then, I realized, Oh ! Best Wishes!!! I am sorry; I didn‘t know
that…anyway….Happy……
He interrupted!
How will I celebrate my birthday without you! …Its tomorrow!! I was about to invite you
and your friends!! But you called me before that! And you know, what Preethi! This is
the happiest Birthday celebration of my life… I want you and your friends to be
here on time, sharp 5.00 P.M …Ok…
Without knowing what to reply!!! I responded! Oh is it! Good Good!...
My home is really damn busy Preethi ! Even all my friends are here in my home from
morning arranging for the grand party!....
Oh Ok!! Fine Shiva! Carry on! See you tomorrow then!
K Fine Preethi!...Hey you wanted to tell me something right?
Nothing! I Just wanted to clarify some doubts on Computer Architecture paper ! That‘s
Ok! You carry on! We can clarify later!
K. Fine .Bye then. See you tomorrow!
The moment I disconnected the call, Priya gave a tight slap.
Bewildered….. unable to bear the pain and with tears in my eyes, I fixed my eyes on her
vulnerably.

She screamed at the top of her voice! Look Preethi! What you are doing is absolutely
intolerable!
We all came here, and called Shiva only to convey that you are NOT interested in
Shiva‘s attitude. But the way you behave, seems that you are enjoying, what he is doing
to you.
Then why do you act to us, as if, you don‘t like this and you want to put an end to this!
Anu interrupted! Priya calm down! Why do you blame her! It‘s not easy as it sounds. Till
now Shiva hasn‘t proposed her. So it can be anything. If Preethi tells him to stop this,
he may allege her, that he didn‘t have any of that intentions at all. So it‘s better, we
take a very careful move.
Oh girls! Thivya sighed! Better we either talk to Shiva or put an end to this or we stop
talking about this. This issue is really breaking our head and it is spoiling our happy
moments.
All four of us, sat quietly. The phone cried.
Thivya, took the receiver and quietly replied!
Oh is it Shiva! Hearty Wishes! Yah sure, we will make it for sure tomorrow! Yah Priya
and Anu, is in my home only,
Priya and Anu had a quick chat with Shiva and disconnected the call.
All three looked at me. Priya rushed to me and gave a tight hug….
I am so sorry Preethi!!
I understand now, why you didn‘t convey it to Shiva!!...
We can‘t really disappoint a Birthday Boy! I am so sorry dear! I hugged her and cried
like a child, unable to control my emotions.
Ok girls! Thivya interrupted! Stop these emotions! Let‘s think about the next move! See
we have got a lovely chance! Its Shiva‘s birthday tomorrow and we are invited! So we
have to buy a decent gift!.....
We looked at her with a mystified look.

She continued! Why don‘t we buy a Gift and label as ―From your Ever-loving Sisters
Preethi..Priya…Anu..Thivya‖…also we will buy a beautiful card with ―Birthday Wishes to
our Ever-loving Brother‖ and we will stress Preethi‘s name with Sister in all the write up
we do on that card!
What you girls say!
Wow!!! We had no words to appreciate Thivya!!! We were all excited and thrilled!
Suddenly the gloomy mood changed completely! The discussion moved on to what dress
we are going to wear and what color lipsticks….hairstyles…etc…etc….
We literally made the ‗Top Shop‘ Gift Shop upside down, to select the Gift and the
greeting card. Finally we bought a lovely Wooden Photo Frame carved with beautiful
curves, a ceramic mug….engraved as….to the world‘s best brother…..and a big Greeting
card ― A loving Birthday thought to our dearest brother‖….
We wrote the word brother and sister in all the places we could ……and packed it
beautifully….
I was quiet relaxed…hoping that somehow…we brought this matter to closure…..
We got down from the auto, and stood awe stuck looking at Shiva‘s beautiful
house…There were balloons everywhere and the decorations were really very pretty!
With posies of white lilies and gifts we graced in to the grand hall. The entire gave a
stare at us. We made a proud walk, as usual, in our beautiful salwars kameez and lovely
hair styles.
Shiva gave a warm welcome to us and introduced us to his mom and dad. His mom was
really very pretty and simple. We couldn‘t believe how Shiva was so humble despite of
these big riches.
We took our seat and as we were giggling and chatting, my eyes hunted for Vikram.
There he stood in a creamy white stone wash shirt, with his full sleeves folded up to his
elbow, and a white jean…..appeared like he haven‘t shaved for a few days …..Wow….he
was absolutely awesome…..( He looked like actor Ajith Kumar in the movie Dheena (
Tamil movie name);) )Rough and tough….I admired him so much…that I really forgot
what was happening around me.He hardly gave any glance and he was busy running here and there arranging all the
stuffs….Anu whispered!! Hey girls …look at Vikram…Wow….He is absolutely handsome
….and Thivya and Priya chorused yah yah…..I gave an irritated glare at them…..He
crossed us, with a simple smile……
The bash started, with heavy claps…..Shiva‘s mom and dad stood on his left and right
and Vikram and his friends stood near Shiva‘s mom…..The Birthday song started……The
hall roared with laughter, claps,……..Vikram was busy opening the birthday busters and
snow sprays as Shiva ….was cutting his birthday cake…
Shiva took the first piece of cake …and posed as if he was going to feed his mom….but
make a quick cut and pushed the cake in to Vikram‘s mouth…..But Shiva‘s parents
showed no surprise or disappointment…They laughed and Vikram who looked
sentimentally touched ….pounced back and pushed a piece of cake into Shiva s mouth.
The hall was excited to the maximum….We stood there stunned admiring the two
friends…..
The guys gave a facial make up with the cake crème on Shiva face….The snacks were
served….After enjoying for about an hour….we presented the lilies ,Gifts and Greetings
to Shiva, took photographs…Shared some laughs…. We had an awesome dinner and all
the guests were complemented with lovely goodies and we moved from his house. For
the entire party, Vikram avoided us like anything.
Apart from the initial smile, Vikram didn‘t give us any chance to speak to him…That was
the only disappointment…I convinced myself…may be he is quiet held up with his best
friends party.
VIKRAM****
Shiva compelled Vikram and Madhav , to stay that night. After 11.00 PM, we all three
sat together and started to unwrap the gifts.
Shiva pulled Preethi‘s lilies…and his face darkened as he saw the label. I keep watching
him keenly. He looked lot more perplexed as he saw the Gifts label and the Greeting
Card.
In a confused tone, I asked Shiva! What happened da?
He literally looked bewildered! He showed me the label and reverted with a trembling
tone!
What is this Vikram!

What is happening?
Why has she mentioned me as her brother everywhere?
Is she, not in love with me?
Even, I couldn‘t understand what is happening?
I did not know what to answer?
I couldn‘t console Shiva! I gave a perplexed look at Madhav!
Even he looked equally confused!
In a sudden urge! Shiva shouted! Call Preethi immediately!
I want to know, what is she thinking of me!
Is she playing with my emotions!
Only God would have realized what my state of art was!
I responded, cool down Shiva! We will talk to her tomorrow morning! Relax Please! It‘s
already 11.00 PM…What will here parents think!
No Vikram! I am completely confused! My head is breaking like anything! I have never
been like this in my entire life. I want to solve this right now! Call her immediately!
Unable to calm down Shiva, I dialed Preethi‘s number!
Hello!! (In a sleepy tone) Who is this?
Aunty, it‘s me Vikram!
What Vikram! Why you are calling at this hour of time!!!
Aunty! We are working for college magazine! Preethi had given one article! But some
information is missing! We can‘t wait till tomorrow as we have to give that for printing!
That is why aunty! Sorry Aunty!!
Oh Ok! No problem Vikram!
Preethi!! Preethi!!!
Vikram is on call!!!
Completely Confused and in a drowsy tone, I picked the receiver and my mom sat
opposite to me.

Vikram quietly explained! What he has told my mom regarding the college magazine! And
told me to pretend as if, I am answering for the information on the college magazine!
Still not getting the point! I nodded yes!
With a hesitant Voice……Vikram asked!!! Are You in Love with Shiva or Not?
Preethi?????

No comments:

Post a Comment